Macys.com and Home Depot join MMA's North America Board of Directors Senior executives from both Macys.com and Home Depot join the MMA North America to shape the future of mobile marketing
NEW YORK, Oct. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), the leading global trade association for the mobile industry, announced today the election of two new members to the North America Board of Directors.
Kent Anderson, President, Macys.com: A Macy's employee for almost three decades, Kent is a seasoned media expert who applies his understanding of the marketplace to grow Macys.com. He has been integral to the development and implementation of an e-commerce strategy for the web-based business and has worked to foster vital partnership with other digital partners.
Trish Mueller, SVP and Chief Marketing Officer, The Home Depot: As a former AdAge "Women to Watch" honoree, Trish is admired by the industry for her extensive background in retail and visionary approach to marketing. She is also praised for her humanitarian work with the The Home Depot Foundation and as a circle member of the Atlanta Boys and Girls Club.
Both Anderson and Mueller were selected for their "mobile first" mindset and vision to strengthen mobile as a leading communication channel and urge greater investment for the industry at large. They will serve a two-year term effective immediately.
"One of The Home Depot's top priorities is to deliver a best-in-class multi-channel retail experience, allowing customers to buy how, when and where they want," said Trish Mueller, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer at The Home Depot. "Mobile is the top driver in delivering that experience so I am thrilled to be a part of the MMA board to help ensure mobile continues to be a part of all brands' marketing mix."
Anderson and Mueller join other members of the MMA North American Board that were inducted in June or whose terms were not up for reelection. They include:
MMA North America Board of Directors
- Chairman: Jack Philbin, CEO & Co-Founder, Vibes Media
- Vice Chairman: Michael Bayle, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Mobile, ESPN
- Secretary: Tara Scarlett, Senior Manager, CRM & Mobile Marketing/Lead Mobile Center of Excellence, The Coca-Cola Company
- Treasurer: Anne Schelle, CEO & Partner/Acting Executive Director, Acta Wireless/Open Mobile Video Coalition
- Chair Emeritus: Mario Ribera, Director, Xbox LIVE Business, Microsoft
- Bill Adee, Vice President, Digital Media, Tribune Company
- Stephanie Bauer Marshall, Director, New Market Development, Verizon Wireless
- Brian Bos, SVP, Group Director, Emerging Technology, Mindshare-Team Detroit
- Lynn Brindell, Senior Vice President of Marketing, CNN Worldwide
- Lisa Ciangiulli, Director of Marketing, Mobile Commerce Solutions, Alcatel-Lucent
- Nico Du Plessis, Senior Director, Mobile & Tablets, The Weather Channel
- Jay Emmet, General Manager, OpenMarket-Amdocs
- Anne Frisbie, Head of North America, InMobi
- Geoffrey Handley, Co-Founder & New Business and Strategy Director, The Hyperfactory
- Timothy Kopp, Chief Marketing Officer, ExactTarget
- Brendon Kraham, Global Mobile Sales and Product Strategy, Google
- Kelly Lindberg, Director, Digital Experience, Target
- Mack McKelvey, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Millennial Media
- Tony Nethercutt, General Manager, North America, Mojiva
- John O'Rourke, Chief Marketing Officer, Motricity
- Krishna Subramanian, Chief Marketing Officer, Velti
"I am thrilled to welcome Trish and Kent to the MMA North America Board of Directors and value their commitment to advancing the mobile marketing movement, said Michael Becker, North American Managing Director of the MMA. "Both Macys.com and Home Depot have a track record of media excellence and I know they will help shape MMA's vision to ensure that mobile is considered an indispensable part of the marketing mix."
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global non-profit trade association established to lead the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technologies. The MMA is an action-oriented organization designed to clear obstacles to market development, establish mobile media guidelines and best practices for sustainable growth, and evangelize the use of the mobile channel. The more than 700 member companies, representing nearly fifty countries around the globe, include all members of the mobile media ecosystem. The Mobile Marketing Association's global headquarters are located in the United States and it has regional chapters including North America (NA), Europe (EUR), Latin American (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC) branches. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com. For information relating to the MMA's Mobile Marketing Forum series, please visit www.mobilemarketingforum.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Director of Communications, MMA
M: +1 917-558-1828
Global Results Comms (GRC)
+1 949 608 0276