ALEXANDRIA, Va., Jan. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- John Taylor, Owner of Madison Taylor Inc., Mold Inspector and Indoor Environmentalist, shared the story of yet another family in Virginia that had purchased a mold contaminated home and contacted his company for assistance. The buyers of the mold infested home were concerned because while the home was under construction several water events occurred in the structure leading to a fear of water damage and mold issues.
The inspection, performed by John Taylor, revealed mold was in fact growing behind the walls of the new home and the indoor air quality was negatively impacted by the contamination. Madison Taylor Indoor Environmental provided a detailed scope of work describing location of mold, cause of mold contamination, levels of airborne mold spores, potential toxigenic concerns, and the process to decontaminate the home properly.
Madison Taylor Inc.'s client, the homebuyer, provided the mold report to the builder, as part of the buyer-seller inspection contingency. The builder responded to the report, by hiring a company not certified or qualified to follow the mold remediation recommendations, leading to an improper mold remediation of the home.
The purchasers, who were lead to believe that the home had been properly remediated by the builder, moved forward with closing and unknowingly became the proud owners of a brand-new home with SIGNIFICANT MOLD CONDITIONS. As the new owners of the property, the client had the home re-inspected and re-tested as a precaution, prior to having their furnishings and personal contents delivered to the dwelling. The inspection uncovered more visible mold behind walls, ceilings and floors. The new lab report confirmed that in an attempt to resolve the mold conditions with an unqualified sub-contractor, the builder actually made the indoor air quality of the home much worse.
The client could not immediately move in to their new home because of the mold contamination. They have had to incur many costs to remedy and restore a newly built home that they thought was safe to purchase and occupy.
Madison Taylor Indoor Environmental has had hundreds of cases like this one. When homes are under construction, many of them are flooded by rains prior the completion of the roof and/or proper drainage for the basement. If the structure is not properly dried before the home is finished, these water events will lead to the occurrence of mold contamination. Taylor shared, "Luckily, in this case the client went through the inspection and testing process again, before moving in. Many clients of ours are unaware of the contamination and become sick due to long term exposure to mold." John Taylor has been secured as an expert witness in this client's case against their builder to recover damages incurred and return the home back to normal fungal ecology.
About Madison Taylor Indoor Environmental
Madison Taylor Indoor Environmental is the leading indoor environmental firm in VA, MD, & D.C. area, providing Indoor Air Quality Inspections, Mold Testing and Mold Remediation Services for thousands of homes, commercial buildings, hospitals, schools, and government facilities.
If you have questions about mold or other indoor air quality concerns contact:
This content was issued through the press release distribution service at Newswire.com. For more info visit: http://www.newswire.com/.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/madison-taylor-indoor-environmental-hired-as-an-expert-witness-in-mold-case-by-virginia-family-300388614.html
SOURCE Madison Taylor Indoor Environmental