Mainstream Automakers Announce Accelerated Adoption of HD Radio(TM) Technology at 2010 CES
Ford, Hyundai, Kia, Lincoln & Volkswagen Upgrade 2011 Vehicles with Superior In-Dash Experience
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- 2010 International CES -- iBiquity Digital Corporation, the developer of digital HD Radio(TM) Technology for AM and FM audio and data broadcasting, today announced the expanded availability of HD Radio Technology across the mainstream automotive category - including Ford, Hyundai, Kia, Lincoln and Volkswagen.
"Following the great progress HD Radio Technology has made in the performance luxury class, we are excited to announce growing availability in popular mainstream cars," said Bob Struble, President and CEO of iBiquity Digital Corporation. "The HD Radio automotive rollout has reached critical mass. Leading mainstream automakers, including Ford, Hyundai, Kia, Lincoln and Volkswagen, are now building HD Radio receivers into their cars at the factory. These launches show that as drivers continue to embrace radio as a main source of in-car entertainment, they want the higher quality, increased choice and new services that HD Radio Technology provides."
HD Radio progress has been swift in the auto category as of late. Today alone, Ford Motor Company and Volkswagen of America made major announcements at the 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show. The newest examples include:
- Ford announced that HD Radio Technology will be available on most 2011MY Ford vehicles - including the world's first factory implementation of iTunes tagging.
- Volkswagen announced that select 2010 models equipped with the DVD navigation system will include HD Radio Technology as a feature. The company also plans to bring digital radio to its latest touch-screen radio systems on future VW models.
- Kia announced that it will be launching HD Radio(TM) Technology on select models in 2010.
- Hyundai announced that the 2011 Sonata will be the first popular midsize sedan to offer HD Radio Technology as standard equipment on the Sonata limited models.
- Also announced today, HD Radio Technology and DTS Neural Surround will be featured with the critically-acclaimed THX II Certified Audio system in 2011 Lincoln vehicles.
To date, and spanning all OEM categories, there is a total of 15 automakers and more than 80 vehicle lines committed to offering factory-installed HD Radio Technology as either standard or optional equipment.
iBiquity Digital Corporation is the developer of HD Radio(TM) Technology, which is fueling the digital radio revolution in the United States and around the world. The digital technology enables broadcasters to offer new and unique FM content via HD2/HD3 channels, crystal-clear sound and data services on both the AM and FM bands - all free, with no subscription fee. Leading broadcasters, consumer electronics manufacturers, automakers and retailers are committed to HD Radio technology. iBiquity Digital is a privately held company with operations in Columbia, MD, Auburn Hills, MI, and Basking Ridge, NJ. For more information, please visit http://www.hdradio.com and http://www.ibiquity.com.
To arrange interviews or for additional information, please contact:
Jo Anne Barrameda / Scott Cianciulli Brainerd Communicators 212-986-6667 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Note: "HD Radio(TM)" and the HD Radio logo are proprietary trademarks of iBiquity Digital Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. The "HD" in HD Radio(TM) is part of iBiquity Digital's brand name for its advanced digital AM/FM system. It does not mean hybrid digital or high-definition digital; both of these are incorrect.
SOURCE iBiquity Digital Corporation
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.