SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Makeblock (Makeblock Co., Ltd), a leading DIY robotics construction platform, today announced the availability of mBot, the STEM educational robot kit for kids to learn programming, in pink color offering more color choices to its users.
Starting at just $94.99, mBot teaches beginners the basics of programming, electronics and robotics. All mBot robots can be easily connected to smart devices and computers via Bluetooth (ideal for individual use and families) or to computers via 2.4G adapters (ideal for classroom use), offering users the chance to code in a fun and interactive way.
"With so many technological advances today, coding is the new modern day language for children to express their ideas, while developing logical thinking skills," said Jasen Wang, Founder and CEO of Makeblock. "Through mBots, we aim to offer children a starting point that lets them channel their creative energy and be immersed in the world of STEM. We want them to know just how much they can learn, build and innovate, no matter where they are."
Features of the mBot include:
- Easy build: With 38 mechanical parts and color-labeled ports for convenient wiring, the mBot can be build in 20 minutes, giving users a fun and hands on DIY experience which can later inspire them to build more.
- Graphical programming: mBot uses the popular drag-and-drop programming software mBlock which provides a quick way to learn programming, control the robot and realize multiple functions for the robot.
- Compatible with Arduino: With mBlock being the first Scratch-based programming software that can upload programs to Arduino-based boards, mBot works with Arduino like charm.
- Infinite Extensibility: You can use any mechanical parts and electronic modules you need to turn the mBot into your "dream robot". The mechanical body of the mBot is also compatible with most Lego parts.
- Rich online courses: To help teachers, parents, or children get started easier and faster, Makeblock has developed manuals, e-books, online tutorial videos to encourage children's creativity.
The color update of the mBot comes on the heels of Makeblock's first Drone release, Airblock, a modular, programmable starter drone that can convert to a hovercraft in seconds. Airblock has raised more than $520K on Kickstarter and is available now for pre-order starting at $99. The perfect gift for kids, kids at heart and hobbyists.
Makeblock continues to establish its name in the STEM education field with more than 500 metal parts, electronic modules as well as software and over 20 robot kits to more than 140 countries around the world.
Founded in 2011, Makeblock is a leading DIY robotics construction and programming learning platform for makers, STEM learners and educators. Makeblock provides mechanical parts, easy-to-use electronic modules, and graphical programming software, empowering people to turn their ideas into reality. Having delighted over 600,000 makers, students, educators in 140+ countries and still growing, Makeblock is one of the best robotics companies making a difference, with the aim to open the field to people of all skill levels.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/makeblock-introduces-pink-mbot-robots-300367503.html
SOURCE Makeblock Co., Ltd.