MCLEAN, Va., Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Manatee HS (Bradenton, Fla.) continues its nine-week hold onto the top spot while other schools within the Top 10 played musical chairs in the USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 national high school football editorial rankings for the week of Nov. 5.
The USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 is now in its 30th year as the most prestigious high school ranking platform in the nation. Gatorade is the Official Fuel of the Super 25 rankings platform, which includes computer rankings of every major high school football, baseball, boys and girls basketball and boys and girls lacrosse team in the nation.
Camden County of Kingsland, Ga. (9-0) moved up two spots to No. 5 this week following its 24-7 road win at Lowndes, taking over the spot previously occupied by 10-0 De La Salle (Concord, Calif.) which slid two spots to No. 7.
Butler (Matthews, N.C.) improved to 11-0 and jumped two spots to No. 6, following its 49-0 win over West Forsyth, switching places with 9-0 Katy (Texas), which beat Cinco Ranch 35-21.
For the first time this season, no teams dropped out of the Super 25 this week.
Following is the complete listing of this week's USA TODAY High School Sports football rankings.
High School Football Super 25
For Week of November 5, 2012
- Manatee, Bradenton, Fla. (9-0)
- John Curtis, River Ridge, La. (9-0)
- DeSoto, Texas (9-0)
- Bellevue, Wash. (10-0)
- Camden County, Kingsland, Ga. (9-0)
- Butler, Matthews, N.C. (11-0)
- De La Salle, Concord, Calif. (10-0)
- Katy, Texas (9-0)
- Colerain, Cincinnati (11-0)
- Vista Murrieta, Murrieta, Calif. (10-0)
- Hoover, Ala. (10-0)
- Goose Creek, S.C. (11-0)
- Byrnes, Duncan, S.C. (10-1)
- Ensworth School, Nashville (10-0)
- St. Joseph's Prep, Philadelphia (9-0)
- Bishop Gorman, Las Vegas (9-1)
- Coppell, Texas (9-0)
- Good Counsel, Olney, Md. (9-1)
- Bentonville, Ark. (10-0)
- Trinity, Louisville (9-1)
- Picayune, Miss. (10-0)
- Dr. Phillips, Orlando (10-0)
- Kirkwood, Mo. (9-0)
- St. Edward, Lakewood, Ohio (11-0)
- Narbonne, Harbor City, Calif. (10-0)
For more information on the Super 25, visit USA TODAY High School Sports.
The USA TODAY Sports Media Group encompasses all sports initiatives across USA TODAY Sports and Gannett's more than 100 well-known local media brands. It also includes the sports photography service U.S. Presswire, USA TODAY High School Sports and the hundreds of sites within USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties such as thebiglead.com and mixed martial arts site MMAjunkie.com, among others. USA TODAY is owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).
SOURCE USA TODAY Sports Media Group