Mandatory Training for Hazmat Workers in Newark
NEWARK, N.J., June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- When workers handle hazardous waste or ship hazardous materials, training is not just a good idea, it's the law. According to the EPA, workers who handle hazardous waste must receive training annually.
A course offered by Environmental Resource Center in Newark, N.J., this month fulfills this annual training requirement.
Students will learn how to:
- identify, accumulate, minimize, and ship hazardous waste;
- develop a contingency plan; and
- comply with land disposal restrictions.
Moreover, the course provides an in-depth look at:
- the latest regulatory requirements;
- waste exemptions and exclusions;
- new universal waste requirements;
- VOC standards for hazardous waste generators; and
- waste minimization.
For workers involved in the shipment of hazardous materials, the federal DOT requires training at least every three years. This affects employees who select or fill hazardous materials packages, label containers, complete shipping papers, load or unload vehicles, transload hazardous materials, or operate vehicles used in the transport of hazardous materials.
Environmental Resource Center, the leading provider of environmental and safety training, will present the mandatory training in Newark at the Holiday Inn, Clark on June 25-27, 2013. The schedule includes:
- June 25-26, 8 am-5 pm each day: Hazardous Waste Management: The Complete Course
- June 27, 8 am-5 pm: Hazardous Materials Certification Training for DOT 49 CFR Transportation Regulations
Companies may register for either training course by calling 800-537-2372 or visiting http://www.ercweb.com/classes.
Every year, Environmental Resource Center trains thousands of industry personnel as well as personnel from most of the state and federal agencies that enforce the regulations. Environmental Resource Center has been providing environmental and safety training for 32 years.
919-469-1585 x 230
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Environmental Resource Center
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.