ManpowerGroup Ranked 16th Among Newsweek's 500 Greenest U.S. Companies for 2012 World Leader in Innovative Workforce Solutions Rises 10 Places from 2011, No.1 in Professional Services Sector
MILWAUKEE, Oct. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ManpowerGroup (NYSE: MAN), the world leader in innovative workforce solutions, has been named to Newsweek magazine's 2012 Green Rankings for United States companies, ranking No. 16 among 500 U.S. public companies and No.1 in the professional services category.
ManpowerGroup has been successfully named to the Newsweek ranking — which is a comprehensive annual measurement of the environmental performance of the largest U.S. public companies — for each of the four years the assessment has been carried out. ManpowerGroup moved up 10 places from its 26th position in 2011, also improving its overall green score to 72.8 from 69.3. This year's rankings were calculated using the same methodology as in 2011, making meaningful year-to-year comparisons possible for the first time.
"ManpowerGroup's operations around the world work to conduct business in a sustainable way. Given the fact we operate in 80 countries, we have the opportunity to scale sustainable initiatives that create a significant cumulative effect," said Jeffrey A. Joerres, ManpowerGroup Chairman and CEO. "Environmentally-friendly methods of conducting business help our organization increase its efficiency, cut costs and better serve our clients."
Among the ways ManpowerGroup is striving to reduce its environmental impact around the world:
- In March 2012, ManpowerGroup Germany's new headquarters building was the first German office space to be Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold-certified due to its green construction, energy-efficient lighting, heating and cooling systems, and for reducing water consumption. All branches in Germany use electricity from renewable sources, leading to a reduction of 927,732 kg in CO² emissions
- France, ManpowerGroup's largest single market, has reduced its number of flights from 1337 domestic and 185 international flights in 2008 to 1237 domestic and 171b international flights in 2011. Rail journeys were also reduced from 10,342 in 2008 to 7,532 in 2011
- ManpowerGroup Belgium has been recognized as an "eco-dynamics company" by the Brussels Environment Institution for revisiting all aspects of environmental management (energy, water, air quality, noise, green spaces and purchases of goods and services)
- In the Netherlands, ManpowerGroup purchases only the most energy-efficient cars for its fleet. The average emission for these vehicles is 109 grams/km — almost 20% lower than the benchmark for this market
- Since Right Management, ManpowerGroup's global leader in talent and career management workforce solutions began its Green@Work project three years ago, it has implemented green practices in over 140 offices across 33 countries, equating to almost 2,500 green practices
Newsweek's Green Rankings assess the largest companies in the United States, ranking them by their overall Green Score, which is derived from three components: environmental impact score, environmental management score and disclosure score.
For more information about Newsweek's 2012 Green Rankings for United States Companies, visit: http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/10/22/newsweek-green-rankings-2012-u-s-500-list.html
ManpowerGroup™ (NYSE: MAN), the world leader in innovative workforce solutions, creates and delivers high-impact solutions that enable our clients to achieve their business goals and enhance their competitiveness. With over 60 years of experience, our $22 billion company creates unique time to value through a comprehensive suite of innovative solutions that help clients win in the Human Age. These solutions cover an entire range of talent-driven needs from recruitment and assessment, training and development, and career management, to outsourcing and workforce consulting. ManpowerGroup maintains the world's largest and industry-leading network of nearly 3,900 offices in 80 countries and territories, generating a dynamic mix of an unmatched global footprint with valuable insight and local expertise to meet the needs of its 400,000 clients per year, across all industry sectors, small and medium-sized enterprises, local, multinational and global companies. By connecting our deep understanding of human potential to the ambitions of clients, ManpowerGroup helps the organizations and individuals we serve achieve more than they imagined – because their success leads to our success. And by creating these powerful connections, we create power that drives organizations forward, accelerates personal success and builds more sustainable communities. We help power the world of work. The ManpowerGroup suite of solutions is offered through ManpowerGroup™ Solutions, Manpower®, Experis™ and Right Management®. Learn more about how the ManpowerGroup can help you win in the Human Age at www.manpowergroup.com.
ManpowerGroup is the most trusted brand in the industry, and was once again the only company in our industry to be named to the Ethisphere Institute's 2012 World's Most Ethical Companies list for our proven commitment to ethical business practices, including an outstanding commitment to ethical leadership, compliance practices and corporate social responsibility.
In January 2011, at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland, ManpowerGroup announced the world has entered the Human Age, where talent has replaced capital as the key competitive differentiator. This concept of talentism as the new capitalism continues to resonate and was echoed as a core theme of the 2012 Annual Meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos. Learn more about this new age at www.manpowergroup.com/humanage
Gain access to ManpowerGroup's extensive thought leadership papers, annual Talent Shortage surveys and the Manpower Employment Outlook Survey, one of the most trusted indices of employment activity in the world, via the ManpowerGroup World of Work Insight iPad application. This thought leadership app explores the challenges faced by employers navigating the changing world of work and provides in-depth commentary, analysis, insight and advice on strategies for success.
Follow ManpowerGroup Chairman and CEO Jeff Joerres on Twitter: twitter.com/manpowergroupjj. Joerres is one of only 20 Fortune 500 CEOs who leverages a Twitter account to get his message out.