March 15: Stories from the Front Lines
Inforum Hosts a Conversation with Michigan Women Entrepreneurs
DETROIT, Feb. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Do you have what it takes to become an entrepreneur? At a lunch event on March 15, to be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Southfield Westin, Inforum and the Michigan Economic Development Corp. will host a panel of Michigan women who have done it and thrived.
The panelists will be:
- Shanny Apodaca, Simply Good Kitchen
- Michelle Crumm, chief business officer and co-founder, Adaptive Materials
- Florine Mark, president and chairman of the board, The WW Group
- Antonella Soloman, Launch Learning Group
The panel discussion will be moderated by Carol Cain, senior producer and host of "Michigan Matters" on WWJ-TV.
Among the topics they will discuss:
- Personal stories about the struggles, sacrifices and rewards involved with launching a business.
- What it takes to start and run a successful business.
- Reasons for growth and success in spite of a bad economy.
- Managing growth.
- Balancing life and work.
- Reasons to stay in Michigan and do business here.
- Advice for Lansing leadership on how to make Michigan more business-friendly.
- The role of social media and other online tools in making a business grow.
Date: March 15
Time: 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Location: Southfield Westin, 1500 Town Center, Southfield, MI 48075
Cost: Inforum members $50; nonmembers $65
Click here to register online.
Presented in conjunction with the Michigan Economic Development Corporation
Sponsored by: Ernst & Young
Inforum is Michigan's leading business forum for women, with more than 1,800 members from a cross-section of Michigan's business community. The mission of the organization is to strengthen the business environment by creating opportunities for women to lead and succeed. Founded as the Women's Economic Club in 1962 in Detroit, Inforum has affiliates in Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Lansing, Michigan. For more information, visit our website, www.inforummichigan.org or call 877.633.3500.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.