NEW YORK, March 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST), a leading digital financial media company, announced today that Margaret de Luna has joined TheStreet, Inc. as President of TheStreet.com, the company's consumer-facing business, effective March 31, 2016. She will manage all of the company's consumer businesses, including its flagship website and the Premium consumer-facing subscription products and websites.
"Margaret de Luna is one of the most talented digital media executives in the country," said Larry Kramer, interim CEO of TheStreet, Inc. "Her successful experience building products and growing businesses in the world of financial content and information will be invaluable as TheStreet embarks on a growth strategy across both our advertising and subscription based consumer businesses."
Ms. de Luna has close to 20 years of experience in the media industry. She spent more than ten years at Dow Jones' MarketWatch in managerial roles, with the most recent being Interim General Manager. Ms. de Luna recently held the position of Vice President of Product at Praetorian Digital, the leading digital media company in the public safety and local government market, which provides information and resources to help first responders, government officials and military personnel better protect themselves and their communities. She also served as a board member of the Software Information & Industry Association's ABM/CISD division, now known as Connectiv.
Ms. de Luna holds a B.A. in English from The University of Texas at Austin.
On Mar. 21, 2016, the Compensation Committee of the Company's Board of Directors approved an equity award as an inducement material to Ms. de Luna's acceptance of employment with the Company in accordance with NASDAQ Listing Rule 5635(c)(4). In connection with her appointment later this month, Ms. de Luna will receive an option to purchase 150,000 shares of the Company's common stock, with an exercise price equal to the closing price of the Company's common stock on the day of the grant. The option has a five-year term and vests over a period of three years, with 33% vesting after one year of the grant date and the remaining 67% vesting in approximately equal monthly increments over the succeeding twenty-four months, provided her continuous employment through each vesting date as set forth in her option agreement.
TheStreet, Inc. (www.t.st) is a leading independent digital financial media company providing business and financial news, investing ideas and analysis to personal and institutional investors worldwide. The Company's portfolio of business and personal finance brands includes: TheStreet, RealMoney, Action Alerts PLUS and MainStreet. To learn more, visit www.thestreet.com. The Deal, the Company's institutional business, provides intraday coverage of mergers and acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control, and through its BoardEx product, director and officer profiles. To learn more, visit www.thedeal.com and www.boardex.com. RateWatch, the Company's business unit, provides rate and fee data from banks and credit unions across the U.S. for a wide variety of banking products. To learn more, visit www.rate-watch.com.
Contact: Jon Kostakopoulos, Public Relations Director, TheStreet, Inc., Jon Kostakopoulos at thestreet.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/margaret-de-luna-joins-thestreet-inc-as-president-of-thestreetcom-300239923.html
SOURCE TheStreet, Inc.