Mark Salling to Host Star-Studded Charity Event to Raise Awareness About Child Hunger
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
Television star and musician Mark Salling will host celebrity guests this Saturday at The Hollywood & Highland Center to pack bags of food that will be donated to the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank. The event is the official kick-off celebration of ConAgra Foods' fall Child Hunger Ends Here campaign to raise awareness about child hunger in the United States.
There are more than 17 million children in the United States that are struggling with hunger. And, in Los Angeles, nearly 30 percent of children suffer from food insecurity – that's an estimated 734,490 children.
- Mark Salling (Glee)
- Samantha Harris (Entertainment Tonight)
- Jayde Donovan (Access Hollywood)
- BooBoo Stewart (The Twilight Saga)
- Jillian Rose Reed (MTV's Awkward)
- Scott Krinsky (Chuck)
- Daphne Blunt (Radio Disney)
- Dr. Jim Sears (The Doctors)
- Rosie Pope (Pregnant in Heels)
- Anthony Montgomery (Single Ladies)
- Travis Winfrey (Single Ladies)
- Fivel Stewart (Musician)
- Kristen Aldridge (Yahoo! OMG)
- Robbie Tucker (Young & The Restless)
- Carce Phipps (9 Lives of Chloe King)
- Gina La Piana
- Jordi Vilasuso (All My Children)
- Josh Keaton (Voice Artist)
- Cyna Lane (Precious)
- Amy Paffrath (Hollywood 411)
- Kate Mansi (Days of Our Lives)
- Keith Mitchell (New Orleans Saints)
- Kim Bubbs (The Thing)
- Haley Ramm (Skateland)
- Camryn (Musician)
- Chef Marcel Vigneron (Marcel's Quantum Kitchen – SyFy)
- Consuelo Vanderbuilt Costin (Billboard Recording Artist)
Saturday, August 27, 2011
*Media check-in begins at 10 a.m.
The Hollywood & Highland Center
Level 2 Courtyard facing Hollywood Blvd.
6801 Hollywood Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90028
*Validated parking will be provided in the L2 garage
Child hunger is a nationwide issue that affects more than 17 million U.S. kids each year – that's nearly 1 in 4. In 2010, ConAgra Foods created Child Hunger Ends Here to increase awareness and drive people to take action in their communities.
Television star Mark Salling, ConAgra Foods, Feeding America, Schools Fight Hunger and thousands of schools across the country are joining forces to encourages schools to participate in a nationwide food and UPC label drive to raise five million meals this year school for children facing hunger in America.
For more information, please visit www.childhungerendshere.com.
SOURCE ConAgra Foods