TIGARD, Ore., May 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Elite Care, Residential Care Communities that enhance well-being through belonging, influence and purpose, announced the grand opening of a new two-house unit on the Oatfield Estates campus in Milwaukie. Oatfield Estates will offer 24 new resident suites with this addition. Tours of the new two-house unit and residences are available on June 3 from 3:00-7:00 p.m.
Senior Housing Building Boom- The Facts:
During the years between 1946 and 1964, World War II veterans returned home and began their families. Children born during that era are often called the baby boomer generation. By 2030, about one in five Americans will be older than 65 and according to the Alzeimer's Association Disease Facts and Figures, one in three seniors dies with Alzheimer's or another dementia. Even more concerning is that someone in America is diagnosed with Alzeimer's every 68 seconds.(1)
Model for the Future: Elite Care's Philosophy of Care
Since 2000, Elite Care has been transforming health care services for the elderly. They feature a culture that advocates independence, architecture that emphasizes familial gatherings and a technology that promotes safety with autonomy. Their goal is to create resident directed Residential Care Communities that enhance well-being through belonging, influence and purpose. Elite Care's Extended Family Residences™ are designed to provide a compassionate environment for seniors suffering from Alzheimer's, dementia, or other illnesses diminishing mental acuity.
"Our mission is to have the communities and services available to accommodate all stages of active aging and for those under our care to have comfortable and meaningful lives," said Jason Hess, Chief Executive Officer, Elite Care. "A key part of our focus on holistic health care allows our residents to experience true contentment. We consciously provide our residents opportunities to influence their environment, empower them to make choices, and contribute to the community in which they live."
Expanding Oatfield Estates- About the new two-house community at Oatfield Estates:
- Elite Care's Oatfield Estates Campus is located at 4444 SE Oatfield Hill Rd., Milwaukie OR 97267.
- The expansion includes a new two-house unit that accommodates 24 Resident suites.
- Oatfield Estates sits on 5.6 acres of spacious lawns, is surrounded by old growth trees, and walking paths that lead to a year-round garden clubhouse, and over an acre of on-site organic garden beds.
- Don't forget about the chickens! Working in the chicken coop and tending to the chickens every day promotes physical and emotional involvement and participation through simple, consistent routines. This is one of the residents' favorite activities.
- Four of the 24 Resident Suites are already occupied.
Grand Opening on Tuesday, June 3 from 3-7 p.m.:
Tours are available during the Grand Opening Celebration on June 3 from 3-7 p.m.
- Ten minute mini tours are available throughout the evening.
- Please contact Christy Caplan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-412-8850 if you're with the media and interested in attending a tour and meeting with Elite Care executives, culinary-trained chefs that prepare meals for the residents, activity coordinators or experts that drive the Horticultural Therapy Program.
For more information, please visit www.elitecare.com or connect with us on Facebook at facebook.com/elitecare or on Twitter: twitter.com/elitecareusa or @EliteCare.
To compare and contrast each community, more information about the Amenities That Matter can be found here: http://bit.ly/1nxQf8p.
(1) Alzeimer's Association, Facts and Figures, http://www.alz.org/alzheimers_disease_facts_and_figures.asp.
About Elite Care Management Group, LLC:
Since 2000, Elite Care has been transforming health and memory care services for the elderly in the Pacific Northwest. The Elite Care Extended Family Residences™ located in Portland, Oregon, Tigard, Oregon as well as Vancouver, Washington are a welcome alternative to traditional assisted living. Residences feature a culture that advocates life engagement, architecture that emphasizes familial gatherings, and technology that promotes safety with autonomy. This Culture, Architecture, and Technology provides a high quality, meaningful life, without regard to age, diagnosis, or ability.
SOURCE Elite Care Management Group, LLC