WASHINGTON and NEW YORK and LONDON, Feb. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As a leading distributor of market research, MarketResearch.com is pleased to offer insights into Valentine's Day spending patterns.
In the U.S., 54.8% of consumers celebrate Valentine's Day, and many buy presents for their significant other. The average amount spent per consumer reached $146.84 in 2015. The gifts given most often include candy, cards, flowers, jewelry, clothing, and eating out or dining.
Interested in learning more about spending trends and statistics during Valentine's Day? Check out our blog: http://hubs.ly/H023-qJ0
Candy is one of the most common Valentine's Day gifts, with 47.5% of people giving it as a gift. Approximately $1.7 billion is expected to be spent on candy for Valentine's Day. In the U.S., 81% of Americans eat chocolate, making it a popular choice for the holiday.
Retail outlets and foodservice establishments benefit from Valentine's Day as it is becoming a high spending holiday. According to the Retail Advertising and Marketing Association, $403 million in revenue is generated from the sale of domestically cut flowers and $2.2 billion is generated from jewelry stores in the U.S. during Valentine's "season."
To learn more Valentine's Day and its impact on different industries, check out our reports:
- The 2016-2021 World Outlook for Chocolate Valentine's Day Candy, http://www.marketresearch.com/Icon-Group-International-Inc-v609/Outlook-Chocolate-Valentine-Day-Candy-9041371/?progid=88344
- The 2016 Report on Chocolate Valentine's Day Candy: World Market Segmentation by City, http://www.marketresearch.com/Icon-Group-International-Inc-v609/Chocolate-Valentine-Day-Candy-Segmentation-9074503/?progid=88344
- Food Gifting in the U.S., 4th Edition, http://www.marketresearch.com/Packaged-Facts-v768/Food-Gifting-Edition-8194141/?progid=88344
- Chocolate Candy in the U.S., 10th Edition, http://www.marketresearch.com/Packaged-Facts-v768/Chocolate-Candy-Edition-8275449/?progid=88344
- Greeting Cards (Seasonal Cards and Everyday Cards), http://www.marketresearch.com/Global-Industry-Analysts-v1039/Greeting-Cards-Seasonal-Everyday-9073834/?progid=88344
MarketResearch.com is the leading provider of global market intelligence products and services. With research reports from more than 720 top consulting and advisory firms, MarketResearch.com offers instant online access to the world's most extensive database of expert insights on global industries, companies, products, and trends. Moreover, MarketResearch.com's Research Specialists have in-depth knowledge of the publishers and the various types of reports in their respective industries and are ready to provide research assistance.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/marketresearchcom-valentines-day-spending-expected-to-reach-197-billion-infographic-300218425.html