New board members are ten world-renowned marketing scientists and thought leaders in the area of marketing performance measurement
BOSTON, June 8, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- MarketShare, the leading cross-media analytics company that enables global agencies to optimize their marketing investments, today announced that ten world-renowned marketing scientists have joined its Academic Advisory Board. The members of the Academic Advisory Board and MarketShare will collaborate to deliver the latest innovations in marketing science and advance the adoption of next-generation marketing measurement methodologies.
The Academic Advisory Board new members were announced during the ISMS Marketing Science Conference at Boston University, June 6 - 9, 2012. This influential group of leading scientists will offer expertise and insight to support MarketShare's ongoing work in providing practical, credible solutions for measuring and improving the financial return from marketing investments. In addition to this advisory capacity, the board members will contribute their thoughts on solving measurement challenges.
"We are honored to have this highly respected group of marketing scientists as advisors to MarketShare. We have been very selective and were seeking those people that have deep experience and credentials in marketing measurement together with a track record of innovative thinking in this area," said Dirk Beyer, EVP and Chief Science and Innovation Officer, MarketShare. "Combining the expertise of this group with the work we are doing will lead to further scientific breakthroughs and innovative solutions."
MarketShare has always had a strong connection to academia through Dominique Hanssens Ph.D, respected marketing scientist, UCLA professor and co-founder of MarketShare. His marketing research has been at the core of the MarketShare's predictive analytic solutions since the company was founded.
"Being part of MarketShare's Academic Advisory Board will bridge the research we are doing to the real world, and not only allow us to prove out our theories, but accelerate the adoption of leading-edge marketing science giving businesses even more transparency to marketing performance," said Dave Reibstein, Professor of Marketing at Wharton and Academic Advisory Board member. "I am eager to collaborate with the other board members and act in an advisory role for MarketShare and its clients."
The board is composed of ten leading research scientists in academia, each with a significant track record in their field of expertise:
- Makoto Abe, Professor, The University of Tokyo, Faculty of Economics
- Eric Bradlow, K.P. Chao Professor, Professor of Marketing, Statistics and Education
- Marnik Dekimpe, Research Professor of Marketing, Tilburg University (The Netherlands) and Professor of Marketing, Catholic University Leuven (Belgium)
- Dominique Hanssens, Bud Knapp Professor of Marketing, UCLA
- Donald Lehmann, George E. Warren Professor of Business, Columbia Business School
- Gary Lilien, Distinguished Research Professor of Management Science, Penn State
- John Roberts, Professor of Marketing, London Business School and Australian National University
- Dave Reibstein, William S. Woodside Professor of Marketing, Wharton
- Gerard Tellis, Professor of Marketing Management and Organization, USC Marshall School of Business
- Michael Trusov, Assistant Professor of Marketing, Robert H Smith School of Business, University of Maryland
MarketShare is an analytics company that enables businesses to grow efficiently by uncovering which actions really drive results. Founded in 2005, MarketShare has a track record of ground-breaking innovations in data, modeling and software and has worked with over half of the Fortune 50. MarketShare's platform provides a combination of technology, data, modeling and business intelligence solutions that lead to improved decision-making, attribution and optimization for businesses. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Tokyo and Bangalore. MarketShare is a portfolio company of Elevation Partners, a $1.9 billion private equity firm that makes large-scale investments in market leading consumer and technology businesses. For more information, please go to: http://www.marketshare.com; follow us on twitter @marketshareco.