SANTA CLARA, Calif. and LAS VEGAS, Jan. 5, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), a worldwide leader in providing complete silicon solutions from mobile communications to storage, Internet of Things (IoT), cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment, in-home content delivery and Kinoma® software enabling the "Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle," today launched Smart Home Cloud Center™, the world's first highly integrated and scalable smart home cloud solution for mobile internet and Internet of Things. Marvell's latest platform brings together robust home networking and home automation, digital entertainment, secure storage and smart server with Kinoma software for the next generation of cloud services. Smart Home Cloud Center is the only customizable turnkey reference platform that gives OEMs, cloud service providers and telecom carriers a complete technology solution to offer consumers a single integrated device to manage their wireline and wireless network connectivity, store their home media and multimedia, automate home devices, and access digital home entertainment anywhere, anytime and on any device. Powered by Marvell's industry-leading ARM system-on-chips (SoCs) at core and coupled with Marvell's high performance wireless connectivity (Wi-Fi, ZigBee, Bluetooth, NFC) and highly integrated wireline connectivity (SOHO Switch, G.hn), Smart Home Cloud Center is an integrated hardware and software solution that seamlessly connects all of the smart devices in the home with enhanced secure features to allow easy in-home and out-home access.
"When it comes to mobile internet and Internet of Things, consumers often have to use different devices for different tasks, which not only fragments the user experience but also adds up the cost. With a single platform, our highly scalable Smart Home Cloud Center solution combines the functions of home networking and home automation, digital entertainment and smart server with the very elegant and user-friendly Kinoma software, which requires minimum hardware resource and seamlessly supports all major operating systems in the market. I believe our game changer cloud solution will empower new innovations in the ecosystem and enable new cloud-based services that don't exist today. I am very excited about this new milestone we are able to make for our industry," said Weili Dai, President and Co-Founder of Marvell. "More importantly, I am very pleased that our end-to-end hardware and software Smart Home Cloud Center solution will enable global OEMs, service providers and mobile operators to provide great products with seamless user experiences for the fast growing smart home, IoT and other vertical markets. At Marvell it is our passion and mission to advance the 'Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle' with continuous technology inventions and innovations for better lives for all."
Smart Home Cloud Center combines multiple Marvell products and technologies into one integrated solution for the smart home and also acts as a proxy to allow mobile devices of all types to have full control of smart devices such as TVs, LED lighting, home security systems, smart meters and other home appliances. In addition, the Smart Home Cloud Center also provides remote access and cloud integration enabling family and friends in separate locations to access and share their multimedia content such as home videos and photos among multiple Smart Home Cloud Center devices. The platform is flexible and customizable, and rich feature sets can easily be tailored based on an operator's or device vendor's unique product requirements. The Smart Home Cloud Center platform can be categorized into three market segments:
- Cloud Service Market: Smart Home Cloud Center to add enhanced mobile internet user experience of home cloud services
- Carrier Market: Smart Home Cloud Gateway to replace existing home gateway deployed by major carriers worldwide
- IoT Market: Smart IoT Gateway to aggregate local sensor information and perform local analytics before sending to cloud
Key features of the Smart Home Cloud Center include:
- Support for all traditional home router functions as well as deep packet inspection (DPI), policy based traffic management, personal firewall and security, ad blocking and proxy services
- Accelerated gaming and mobile app downloads
- Home automation management capabilities including live video surveillance/recording, energy consumption monitoring and LED lighting control
- Integrated cloud services including mobile device access via APP, unified smartphone/tablet/PC UI, in-home and out-of-home accessibility, home NAS (Raid 0/1), cloud storage extension, home NAS and cloud storage sync, and pre-download of Internet content
- Digital entertainment features including OTT STB direct attach, home streaming server and video content transcoding
- Support for Android OS, complete application management, easy integration with web services and secure data partitioning between applications
- Multiple wireless user interfaces including Bluetooth 4.0 standard, NFC and Zigbee
- Home surveillance recording and playback as well as live video monitoring
- Content sharing among multiple, geographically spread Smart Home Cloud Center devices
Marvell will be demonstrating its technology solutions including its Smart Home Cloud Center solution at CES 2015 in Marvell's booth, Level 3, Murano 3304, at The Venetian. CES is being held in Las Vegas, NV at the Las Vegas Convention and World Trade Center and the Venetian Hotel on Jan. 6–9, 2015.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions and Kinoma software enabling the "Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle." From mobile communications to storage, Internet of Things (IoT), cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery, Marvell's diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of the world's most powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, private and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience.
As used in this release, the term "Marvell" refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.Marvell.com.
Marvell, ARMADA, Kinoma and the M logo are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Smart Home Cloud Center is a trademark of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
For Further Information Contact: Marvell Media Relations
Sue Kim Director, Corporate Communications & PR 408.222.1942 firstname.lastname@example.org