IRVINE, Calif., June 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Marvin Test Solutions, Inc., a trusted provider of globally-deployed innovative test solutions for military, aerospace, and manufacturing organizations, will be demonstrating the advantages and capabilities of their field-proven, cross-platform, common armament test solutions for both legacy and new aircraft platforms at the 2016 Farnborough Airshow.
Shrinking budgets and the necessity to ensure the readiness of legacy platforms has presented an ongoing challenge to those tasked with maintaining them using purpose-built legacy testers. The adoption of a common test platform can result in lower costs, simpler logistics, and more efficient use of resources, for legacy and modern systems alike. "As militaries around the world are being challenged to 'do more with less', MTS has focused on developing innovative solutions that support a range of weapons systems and platforms," said Marvin Test Solutions' president, Loofie Gutterman.
Precision-guided "smart" weapons have become the munition of choice for advanced militaries throughout the world. These smart weapons require advanced flightline test solutions to ensure proper performance and safe operation. Legacy test sets only provide continuity and stray voltage tests and lack the capability to check MIL-STD-1760 bus functionality during preload test. Recognizing this "test gap", MTS has developed robust, rugged and proven solutions based on COTS components and industry-standard software, delivering impressive test capabilities and facilitating troubleshooting of the MIL-STD-1760 bus across all maintenance levels and multiple aircraft platforms.
"Test equipment commonality provides significant benefits in terms of cost and logistics and we see this as an emerging requirement for both domestic and international customers. Our goal is to make sure that our products continue to ensure the mission effectiveness of our warfighters and those of our allies," said Major General Stephen T. Sargeant, USAF (Ret.), and CEO of Marvin Test Solutions. "MTS products are designed to address both upgradeability for future requirements as well as supporting legacy systems and multiple aircraft platforms, providing value and performance for both current and future test needs. As demonstrated by our recent success with the sale of SmartCans to an Asian military customer for support of TA/FA-50 aircraft on the flightline, SmartCan offers the commonality and functionality to support a range of aircraft platforms and armament systems."
As part of the Marvin Group delegation in Hall 2, Stand B40, MTS will feature O-Level (Flightline), I-Level (Backshop), and D-Level (Depot) solutions, including:
- MTS-3060 SmartCanTM - Universal O-Level armament test set capable of testing both legacy and "smart", MIL-STD-1760-based, weapons systems. SmartCan supports multiple Operational Flight Plans (OFP) in a hand-held unit.
- MTS-206 Maverick Test Set - State-of-the-art portable test set for the AGM-65 Maverick missile system and for AGM-114 missiles with the test capabilities of an I-Level test set in a compact, rugged enclosure suitable for field use. The MTS-206, MTS-916 and MT1888 products offer the only non-obsolete and common test equipment solution today for the Maverick Missile and launcher.
- MTS-209 Common Armament Test Set - Rugged, state-of-the art, portable common armament systems tester for F-16, F-15, TA-50, FA-50 and other platforms.
- MT1888 Series Laser Source Simulator - Technically-compliant and an easy-to use, best-value solution, the MT1888 offers simple, O-Level Laser Guided Missile seeker testing.
- PATS-70 Flightline Test System - Based on the MTS-207 Rugged Field Test Set, the USAF's PATS-70 replaces over a dozen pieces of obsolete and un-supportable flightline test equipment.
Marvin Test Solutions' CEO, Maj Gen (Ret.) Stephen T. Sargeant and President Mr. Loofie Gutterman will attend. To arrange a meeting, please contact email@example.com.
About Marvin Test Solutions
Marvin Test Solutions, a vertically integrated test and measurement company, has delivered innovative, feature-rich test solutions for factory, flightline, intermediate-level, and depot-level applications since 1988. As a member of the Marvin Group, an award-winning aerospace company with a 50-year history in the Defense and Commercial Aerospace industries, Marvin Test Solutions has test equipment deployed in support of most of the major defense aircraft and munitions in use around the world. Marvin Test Solutions quickly delivers full-spectrum, successful test solutions – making test, maintenance, and sustainment of the most mission-critical systems easier and faster.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/marvin-test-solutions-highlights-milaero-test-equipment-commonality-at-2016-farnborough-airshow-300290842.html
SOURCE Marvin Test Solutions