TAYLOR, Mich., Nov. 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Masco Corporation Foundation, in partnership with Masco Corporation and Masco business units, has awarded $500,000 in grant support and product donations to veteran-related services and initiatives across the U.S. More than 20 veteran-focused organizations, individually nominated by Masco business units, will receive much-needed funding to support current and former military personnel and their families.
"Sadly, the veteran population is becoming a much larger segment of those facing poverty, hunger and homelessness across the nation," said Tim Wadhams, president and CEO of Masco Corporation. "We're exceedingly proud of the initiatives undertaken by Masco Corporation, our Foundation, and especially those efforts supported through the generosity of our employees to demonstrate our appreciation and respect for those who have sacrificed so much and asked for so little."
Masco Corporation Foundation veterans' initiative grant recipients include:
- The American Legion, Post 11 (Alabama)
- Fisher House Foundation (Georgia, Michigan, Texas, Virginia, California)
- Freedom Station USA (California)
- Hoosier Veterans Assistance Foundation - United Way (Indiana)
- Veterans Legal Support Center & Clinic at John Marshall Law School (Illinois)
- Freedom Center - Michigan Armed Forces Hospitality Center (Michigan)
- Purple Heart Services Foundation (Virginia)
- Military Support Group of New Jersey (New Jersey)
- North West Montana Veterans Stand Down (Montana)
- Shepherd Center Foundation (Georgia)
- Shiloh Area Branch Chapter Of the American Red Cross (Tennessee)
- The Soldier & Airmen Employment Fund - Pierce Military & Business Alliance (Washington)
- South Central TN Family Center (Tennessee)
- The Servant Center (North Carolina)
- United States Veterans Initiative (California)
- National Academic Youth Corps (California)
- Veterans First (Arizona)
- Marion County Veterans Helping Veterans (Florida)
- Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter #304 (Maryland)
- Welcome Home Veterans (North Carolina)
- Wounded Warrior Project (Florida)
This latest grant effort complements the $250,000 Masco Corporation and its Foundation have already provided to veterans organizations in the last year through financial support and product donations. Recipients include Piquette Square, a permanent housing project for veterans in Detroit; Habitat for Humanity in support of veterans and their families; a kitchen renovation project with the VFW near Masco headquarters in Taylor, Mich.; and a grant awarded to the Michigan Colleges Foundation for Liberty Scholarships for veterans attending any of Michigan's 14 private colleges.
For more information about the Masco veterans' initiative, contact Jill Delaney at 312-861-5264/ email@example.com or the Masco Corporation Foundation at 313-792-6126.
About Masco Corporation Foundation
The Masco Corporation Foundation supports not-for-profit organizations in areas of the arts, culture, housing and environmental initiatives. Additionally, the Foundation makes limited grants to a number of very specific civic, educational and human service initiatives in the communities where it does business. The Masco Corporation Foundation was founded in 1952 and is funded with contributions from Masco Corporation. Masco Corporation is one of the world's largest manufacturers of brand-name consumer products for the home including Behr® paint, Delta® and Hansgrohe® faucets, bath and shower fixtures, and KraftMaid® and Merillat® cabinetry. For more information on the Foundation and the Masco family of brands, visit www.masco.com.
SOURCE Masco Corporation Foundation