Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.), Duncanville (Texas) And St. Mary's (Phoenix) Hold Down Top Three Spots In USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 Girls Basketball Rankings
--Top seven teams remain unchanged from previous week--
MCLEAN, Va., Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.), Duncanville (Texas) and St. Mary's (Phoenix) continue to hold down the top three spots in the USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 national editorial rankings for girls basketball for the week of Feb. 18, 2013.
The USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 is now in its 30th year as the most prestigious high school ranking platform in the nation, and includes computer rankings of every major high school football, baseball, boys and girls basketball and boys and girls lacrosse team in the nation.
Most of the Super 25 remained relatively stable from last week, with each of the top seven teams remaining in place. Unbeaten Windward (Los Angeles) extended its winning streak to 26 games this season with wins in the first two rounds of its playoffs to stay at No. 4, while Riverdale (Murfreesboro, Tenn.) also dominated in its district playoffs to remain at No. 5.
Marion County (Lebanon, Ky.), at No. 6, and No. 7 Dutch Fork (Irmo. S.C.) both remain unbeaten and maintain their Super 25 rankings from the previous week.
The only major change from last week's rankings is the departure of Columbus (Ind.) North, which had been ranked No. 8 but drops out of the Super 25 this week. Making its Super 25 debut is 24-0 Millbrook (Raleigh, N.C.) at No. 25, the defending 4A state champions who posted dominating wins over crosstown rival Enloe (60-27) and Wake Forest-Rolesville (50-34) last week.
Following is the complete listing of this week's USA TODAY High School Sports girls basketball rankings.
USA TODAY High School Sports
High School Girls Basketball Super 25
For Week of February 18, 2013
- Mater Dei, Santa Ana, Calif. (26-0)
- Duncanville, Texas (37-0)
- St. Mary's, Phoenix (27-1)
- Windward, Los Angeles (26-0)
- Riverdale, Murfreesboro, Tenn. (28-0)
- Marion County, Lebanon, Ky. (30-0)
- Dutch Fork, Irmo, S.C. (27-0)
- Hopkins, Minnetonka, Minn. (23-1)
- St. John's, Washington, D.C. (27-1)
- Parkview, Lilburn, Ga. (28-0)
- Shabazz, Newark (23-1)
- Myers Park, Charlotte (24-0)
- Pflugerville, Texas (35-0)
- Bishop O'Dowd, Oakland (23-3)
- Long Beach Poly (23-4)
- Good Counsel, Olney, Md. (23-4)
- Incarnate Word, St. Louis (24-0)
- Edwardsville, Ill. (29-0)
- Martin Luther King, Detroit (21-0)
- St. Mary's, Stockton, Calif. (25-2)
- Southwood, Shreveport, La. (29-1)
- Twinsburg, Ohio (23-0)
- North Gwinnett, Suwanee, Ga. (25-1)
- Montini, Lombard, Ill. (31-1)
- Millbrook, Raleigh, N.C. (24-0)
For more information on the Super 25, visit USA TODAY High School Sports.
The USA TODAY Sports Media Group encompasses all sports initiatives across USA TODAY Sports and Gannett's more than 100 well-known local media brands. It also includes the sports photography service USA TODAY Sports Images, USA TODAY High School Sports and the hundreds of sites within USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties such as thebiglead.com and mixed martial arts site MMAjunkie.com, among others. USA TODAY is owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).
SOURCE USA TODAY Sports Media Group