LONDON, March 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- REPORT HIGHLIGHTS
The global market for proton exchange membrane fuel cell (PEMFC) membrane electrode assemblies (MEA) reached $340 million and $460 million in 2010 and 2014, respectively. This market is expected to reach $534 million by 2015 and $1.9 billion by 2020, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 29.4% from 2015 to 2020.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global market for materials for proton exchange membranes and membrane electrode assemblies for PEM fuel cells.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2010 and 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- Examination of bipolar plates for PEMFCs, including direct methanol fuel cells (DMFCs); this includes the gas diffusion layer (GDL), the catalyst ink/electrode, the membrane itself, and the bipolar plate.
- Discussion covering the history and advancing technology of these components, the companies involved in these developments, the current and projected incentives, and the projected markets for such technologies.
- Presentations of consensus, optimistic, and pessimistic scenarios.
- Patent analysis as well as discussion covering power sources and vehicle components, emphasizing intellectual property issues.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the field.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The fuel cell industry in various forms has been developing for decades. There are notable examples of fuel cell successes. The PEMFC is emerging as a winner in many of the primary categories that fuel cells can satisfy. Existing membranes and assemblies still have room for improvement. PEMFC development and commercialization is an ever-changing process. This BCC Research analysis examines the market and technology for the materials and technology of proton exchange membranes and electrode assemblies and for bipolar plates for PEMFCs, including direct methanol fuel cells (DMFCs). This includes the gas diffusion layer (GDL), the catalyst ink or electrode, the membrane itself and the bipolar plate. Ancillary stack assembly materials such as bolts, gaskets, tie-outs, and final assembly and packaging costs are excluded.
This report details the actuals for 2010 and 2014, forecasts for 2015, and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) projections for 2020. When appropriate, consensus, optimistic and pessimistic scenarios are presented. A patent analysis and discussion of power sources and vehicle components describes where research is performed and emphasizes intellectual property issues. An extensive set of company profiles is provided.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/341181/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48