MIDLAND, Mich., April 12, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- MATRIX:MIDLAND at Midland Center for the Arts has announced the lineup for its 39th annual MATRIX:MIDLAND Festival, featuring world-class performers, musicians and professional speakers. Tickets go on sale at noon on Tuesday, April 19, 2016. Information and ticket prices are available online at www.mcfta.org/mxfestival or by calling the Ticket Office at 800-523-7649.
Always an exhilarating and eclectic array of entertainment, this year's MATRIX:MIDLAND Festival includes: emotionally relatable songs from one of country music's hottest talents; the huge talent of a petite Broadway star; insights from an award-winning journalist; high-flying acrobats to keep all ages in suspense; humor from a popular NPR host; marching band energy and street theatre spectacle; and one of the happiest construction projects a kid can have!
MATRIX:MIDLAND Festival 2016 at a glance:
- Jason Isbell (with special guest Hiss Golden Messenger) – The incredible Grammy® Award winner is arguably the most revered root-rock singer-songwriter of his generation! (June 1)
- Kristin Chenoweth – Don't miss the star of everything wonderful from Wicked to Glee! (June 3)
- Mitch Albom – This one-of-a-kind program will encompass all of Albom's many talents and brings some magic to the stage! (June 7)
- Flip Fabrique – Fun, fast-paced and fearless, this nouveau cirque crew takes athleticism and showmanship to new heights! (June 10)
- NPR's Peter Sagal – With a decades-long career in making people laugh, the host of NPR's Wait Wait … Don't Tell Me! shares what he's learned about humor. (June 12)
- Mucca Pazza – Straight from Chicago's underground music scene, the band has perfected a live show full of visual mayhem and dance-ready music. (June 16)
- Polyglot Theatre's We Built This City – using thousands of cardboard boxes, kids and families build a magnificent, fanciful city in the parking lot – then knock it all down! (June 23 – 26)
Festival and program sponsors include: The Dow Chemical Company; Dow Corning Corporation; Tri-Star Trust Bank; Morley Companies; Fabiano Brothers, Inc.; Dow Chemical Employees' Credit Union; Midland Cogeneration Venture LP; Warner Norcross & Judd LLP; Chemical Bank Wealth Management; and Garber Automotive Group.
Press Kit with full descriptions and hi-res images at www.mcfta.org/mxfest2016
Midland Center for the Arts | 1801 W. St. Andrews Rd. | Midland, MI 48640 | (989) 631-5930 | mcfta.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/matrixmidland-festival-2016-lineup-announced-300250134.html
SOURCE Midland Center for the Arts