SAN JOSE, Calif. and MUNICH, Nov. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- At electronica 2016 in Munich, Germany (November 8-11, 2016), Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM) will empower design innovation by showcasing new innovative solutions for the industrial, healthcare, and automotive markets.
Enabling the Factory of the Future
Lost productivity is a common concern for Industry 4.0 designers challenged with keeping a manufacturing line running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With the Pocket IO™ programmable logic controller (PLC) development platform, traditional manufacturing processes are transformed with real-time intelligence, adaptive manufacturing, and distributed control. For more information about Pocket IO, which is offered as the MAXREFDES150# reference design, visit http://bit.ly/Maxim_Pocket_IO.
Live demonstrations related to Industry 4.0:
- Soccer Ball Testing and Personalization Factory
- Detecting Your Goal Throw with Light Curtains
- Measuring Soccer Ball Bounce Height
- Soccer Ball Robotic Circumference Measurement
- Precision Control of a Line Following Robot
- FLIR Heat Map Comparison of IO-Link Transceivers
- Power Solution Size and Efficiency Comparison
For a sneak preview of Maxim's soccer ball factory, visit http://bit.ly/Maxim_electronica_soccer_ball_video.
Enabling a Healthier Tomorrow
Creating a custom board with sensors for wearable health and fitness applications can be complex, as designers must first build custom hardware and firmware to validate their concepts and then build prototypes before starting any field trials. From there, they generally spend a significant amount of time evaluating sensors and existing solutions. Maxim's ultra-small hSensor Platform allows designers to quickly and easily validate next-generation solutions for wearable health and fitness applications. The complete development platform with ARM® mbed™ support eliminates up to six months of design time. For more information about the hSensor Platform, which is offered as the MAXREFDES100# reference design, visit http://bit.ly/Maxim_hSensor_Platform.
Maxim will be participating in the following speaking opportunities:
- Medical Electronics Forum: Wearables for Healthcare – Components for Digital Medicine (Panel Discussion) – Andrew Baker, Executive Director, Industrial & Healthcare – November 8, 2016, 2:30-3:30pm – Hall A3, Stand 242
- Industrial Internet of Things Forum: Building a Digital Factory (Presentation) – Suhel Dhanani, Sr. Principal Member of Technical Staff, Industrial & Healthcare – November 9, 2016, 12-12:30pm – Hall A3, Stand 242
- Industrial Internet of Things Forum: Industrial Internet of Things (Panel Discussion) – Suhel Dhanani, Sr. Principal Member of Technical Staff, Industrial & Healthcare – November 9, 2016, 12:30-1pm – Hall A3, Stand 242
- Embedded Forum: To IO Link® and Beyond – Enabling New Pathways to Adaptive Manufacturing and Improved Productivity (Presentation) – Jeff DeAngelis, Managing Director, Business Management, Industrial & Healthcare – November 9, 2016, 4-4:30pm – Hall A6, Stand 460
- Embedded Platforms Conference: Intelligent IO-Link® Sensors Are the Glue to Implement IoT for Next Generation Factories (Presentation) – Suhel Dhanani, Sr. Principal Member of Technical Staff, Industrial & Healthcare – November 10, 2016, 2:50-3:30pm – Press Center East
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Visit Maxim in Hall A4, Stand 279 to view live demonstrations featuring Maxim's Pocket IO PLC development platform and receive a personalized soccer ball and drawstring bag. For more information about Maxim's presence at electronica, visit http://bit.ly/Maxim_electronica2016.
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim develops innovative analog ICs for the automotive, industrial, healthcare, mobile consumer, and cloud data center markets. We make technology smaller, smarter, more secure and energy efficient, so that our customers can meet the demands of an integrated world. Learn more at http://www.maximintegrated.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/maxim-empowering-design-innovation-at-electronica-2016-300355508.html
SOURCE Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.