Maxim Integrated's Digital Class D Speaker Amplifiers Significantly Simplify Design and Provide Unmatched Audio Performance
Maxim's digital-input Class D audio amps offer best-in-class clock jitter tolerance for superior audio quality.
SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM) introduces two digital-input Class D power amplifiers that simplify designs, eliminate complicated programming, reduce noise, and hasten time to market. The MAX98355 (pulse-code modulation, PCM) and MAX98356 (pulse-density modulation, PDM) offer best-in-class clock jitter tolerance in Class D audio amplifiers and deliver superior audio quality.
Audio devices can now be simplified because unique internal circuitry in the MAX98355/MAX98356 detects the input clock and automatically calculates the sample rate. This reduces complicated programming and the need for system software support. With a digital input for noise immunity, and highest jitter tolerance, the parts provide superior audio quality while eliminating the need for programming for a faster time to market.
- Improved audio quality from exceptionally high jitter tolerance: low 0.013% THD+N at 1kHz and 99dB dynamic range
- Lower power consumption: 92% efficiency (RL = 8ohms, POUT = 900mW, VDD = 3.7V)
- Smaller solution size and simplified design: 2.5V to 5.5V single-supply operation
- "These digital-input Class D amplifiers make system design nearly plug and play," said Robert Nicoletti, Applications Manager at Maxim Integrated. "This convenience reduces design complexity for the user."
- "Market analysis firm Databeans projects that the Class D audio amplifier market is growing at a compound annual growth rate of 12 percent each year, well above the overall consumer semiconductor market. By integrating digital DACs into the Class D audio amps, Maxim allows users to reduce solution size while still reaping all the benefits of a digital input," said Susie Inouye, Research Director at Databeans.
Availability and Pricing
- Available in a 9-pin WLP package (1.345mm x 1.435mm x 0.64mm).
- Specified over the -40 degrees C to +85 degrees C temperature range.
- Pricing starts at $0.82 (1000-up, FOB USA).
For more details, please click here.
About Maxim Integrated
At Maxim Integrated, we put analog together in a way that sets our customers apart. In Fiscal 2012, we reported revenues of $2.4 billion.
SOURCE Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.