Maxim, already a leader in bio-sensing applications with more than 200 million units shipped, now provides this simple platform to enable all developers. The reference design includes three Maxim chips: a pulse oximeter and heart-rate sensor (MAX30102); an efficient, low-power step-down converter (MAX1921); and an accurate level translator (MAX14595). The design requires only a single 2 V to 5.5 V supply and typically dissipates less than 5.5mW when using the included firmware.
- Ease-of-Use: Compatible with both Arduino and ARM mbed platforms to simplify set-up
- Fast Time-to-Market: Includes open-source heart-rate and SpO2 algorithm; BOM; schematics; layout, and Gerber files to accelerate development
- Versatile: Can be used for product development or as a module in the final design
- "Maxim is providing a basic open-source heart-rate and SpO2 algorithm as part of the firmware, and we encourage users to build upon it," said David Andeen, Director of Reference Designs at Maxim Integrated. "Makers and developers can use this either as a 'starting point' reference design, or embed any variation in their final product or project."
- "As we continue to bring innovative designs to our customers, we have started a collaboration with Maxim—this is the first product we manufactured and built with them," said Joey Jiang, Marketing Product Director, Seeed Studio. "We're excited to see what people will make with this reference design."
Availability and Pricing
- The MAXREFDES117# reference design is available for $20 at Maxim's website, select franchised distributors, and http://bit.ly/Seeed_MAXREFDES117. Hardware and firmware design files, as well as test data, are provided free and available online.
- For information on other reference designs, visit http://bit.ly/ReferenceDesigns.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim develops innovative analog ICs for the automotive, industrial, healthcare, mobile consumer, and cloud data center markets. We make technology smaller, smarter, more secure and energy efficient, so that our customers can meet the demands of an integrated world. Learn more at http://www.maximintegrated.com.
About Seeed Studio
Seeed is a hardware innovation platform for makers to grow inspirations into differentiating products. By working closely with technology providers of all scale, Seeed provides accessible technologies with quality, speed and supply chain knowledge. When prototypes are ready to iterate, Seeed helps productize 1 to 1,000 pcs using in-house engineering, supply chain management and agile manufacture forces. Seeed also team up with incubators, Chinese tech ecosystem, investors and distribution channels to portal Maker startups beyond. www.seeedstudio.com
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120912/SF71654LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/maxim-reference-design-speeds-development-of-wearable-heart-rate-and-pulse-oximetry-monitors-300370080.html
SOURCE Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.