MAZ Adds New Hires from Apple, Google, Adobe, Hearst; Company Moves Into New Flatiron Headquarters
NEW YORK, Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MAZ Digital Inc., a cloud-based publishing platform for tablet and mobile devices, has added key staff from Apple, Google, Adobe, Hearst, and video ad network YuMe as well as moved into new office spaces for both their New York City and Delhi, India headquarters.
"The $1 million round of seed funding that we announced in November was a huge milestone for MAZ," said Paul Canetti, CEO. "We are now scaling up our operations both on the business development side as well as on the technology side. With the recent launch of the Forbes Magazine app for iPad and more great things in the pipeline, it's a very exciting time to be at MAZ."
The executives added to the New York and Delhi offices include:
- Katie Keener comes to MAZ with deep publishing and sales credentials. She will work as Business Development Manager in the company's New York City office. She previously worked on the re-launch of Citizen NY, an interactive magazine created for iPad, and prior to that she worked at Hearst as the Fashion Account Manager for Town & Country, where she managed all American fashion, Menswear and Bridal accounts, and developed a new strategy to boost the Menswear category.
- Hemant Dabral will join the development team continuing to build for the iOS platform as well as working on the forthcoming MAZ Android solution. Hemant formerly worked at Adobe on the Acrobat team, and he will be headquartered in the Delhi, India office.
- Joseph Madden will join MAZ as a Business Development Manager in the New York office. Joe comes from Google where he focused on local marketing for the social network Google+, specifically working with entertainment and media companies including publishers.
- Kriste Marciulionis joins MAZ as an Account Manager and will be based in the New York office. She holds a Master's degree in Cognitive Studies in Education - Intelligent Technologies from Columbia University, a degree that specializes in cognitive behavior as it relates to electronic devices. She comes to MAZ from Apple where she worked as a Family Room Specialist.
- Michael Ram is working as a Business Development Manager based in the New York office. He comes to MAZ with a publishing and technology background that he honed at YuMe, the digital video advertising network that DigiDay named the "Best Video Ad Network of 2012". He worked on YuMe for Publishers, a suite of software products for the publishing and app development community.
"This mix of talent, coming from publishing, technology, social media and sales, will elevate MAZ to a new level," said Mr. Canetti. "We will continue to focus on hiring amazing talent from the likes of Google, Apple, Hearst, Adobe, and YuMe. As it stands, fully one-quarter of our company is made up of former Adobe developers. We want to be as robust a technology company as possible in order to quickly adapt to the changing needs of the publishing industry."
About MAZ Digital Inc. MAZ Digital Inc. (mazdigital.com) is a cloud-based digital publishing platform that allows publishers to create rich digital experiences for their readers and distribute to and manage their own tablet apps easily, affordably and without having to hire a developer. Founded by former Apple and Adobe employees, MAZ gives publishers easy-to-use tools to make their existing content come to life by adding interactive features such as web content, videos, audio, social media sharing tools, etc., all on one dynamic platform. Best of all, they can do all this without having to learn a single line of code or dedicate enormous amounts of time and resources.
SOURCE MAZ Digital Inc.