NEW ORLEANS, May 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- At the International Reading Association's 2014 Annual Convention, McGraw-Hill Education announced that it will begin rolling out the next generation of SRA Open Court Reading, one of the company's most trusted reading programs. Launching now are Foundational Skills Kits for Grades K-3, a standalone supplemental solution that supports the development of key English Language Arts (ELA) and phonics skills to ensure that on-level students stay on track and at-risk students are in the best position to meet college and career readiness standards. The complete basal edition of SRA Open Court Reading will be available for purchase in 2015.
The standalone skills kits are designed to complement any core reading program lacking a strong foundational skills strand and to lessen the burden on teachers who strive to create content that will help students meet state standards for college and career readiness. Through effective, explicit instruction and engaging activities such as wordplay activities, songs, rhymes and digital games, instructors can ensure that their students learn the foundational skills they need to become proficient readers across all subject areas.
"We believe that building strong foundational reading skills in early grades is incredibly important, not just because it is a requirement of state education standards, but also because it provides a higher chance for students to achieve success later in life," said Peter Cohen, president of McGraw-Hill School Education. "The International Reading Association's Annual Convention has always been a gathering of the best minds in education, and we are excited to help push the literacy agenda forward by delivering the best-in-class educational tools for teachers and students."
The International Reading Association's annual convention is the largest discussion of literacy issues in the nation, where thousands of educators and literacy professionals from across the country gather to explore and respond to the critical literacy issues facing the U.S. today.
Other literacy programs on display at McGraw-Hill Education's booth 1919 include:
- McGraw-Hill Reading Wonders, the first-to-market K-6 core reading program designed specifically for the Common Core State Standards. This digitally rich program promotes advanced reading skills and higher-level understanding to ensure mastery of the Standards.
- McGraw-Hill Reading WonderWorks, a personalized and intensive intervention program for struggling readers in grades K-6 that was designed to help at-risk students develop the foundational reading and writing skills required by the Common Core State Standards. The program was built to support the core instruction that occurs in the Reading Wonders classroom.
- Time To Know, a data-driven, differentiated teaching and learning platform that delivers a deeply personalized education experience for students. The platform ingrates McGraw-Hill Education's Common Core-aligned content and services for math and English Language Arts for Grades 4-7 and empowers teachers with real-time feedback to inform instruction.
- SRA FLEX Literacy, a flexible intervention program for struggling students in grades 3 and above that was built on the Common Core State Standards and developed around a blended learning framework. Students interact with comprehensive teacher-led print materials, digital instruction, and collaborative project activities that afford highly effective reading mastery.
- StudySync, an all-digital, cross-curricular platform for students in Grades 6-12 that was built from the Common Core State Standards. The platform brings together centuries of fiction and nonfiction texts with video and other multimedia elements to advance students' reading, writing, and critical thinking skills.
- Other products on display at the booth during the conference include SRA Corrective Reading, SRA Reading Mastery, SRA Reading Laboratory 2.0, SRA Early Interventions in Reading, SRA Read to Achieve and Create.
At McGraw-Hill Education's booth, visitors will have the opportunity to take part in a variety of activities including viewing brief presentations on literacy issues and solutions in the Graphic Theatre, engaging with literacy program experts at the Smart Bar and downloading free reading and writing apps.
For more information about SRA Open Court Reading visit www.OpenCourtReading.com.
About McGraw-Hill Education
McGraw-Hill Education is a digital learning company that draws on its more than 100 years of educational expertise to offer solutions that improve learning outcomes around the world. McGraw-Hill Education is the adaptive education technology leader with the vision for creating a highly personalized learning experience that prepares students of all ages for the world that awaits. The Company has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in more than 60 languages. For additional information, visit www.mheducation.com.
RF|Binder for McGraw-Hill Education
SOURCE McGraw-Hill Education