Mcor Technologies Announces Staggering Growth Innovative 3D printing company achieves increases of 600% in sales, 1200% in resellers and an additional infusion of $2 million from ITLG, propelling rapid expansion
DUNLEER, Ireland, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mcor Technologies Ltd, manufacturer of the only line of desktop paper 3D printers, today announced extraordinary growth over the past ten months, achieving 1200% growth in the number of reselling partners and a 600% increase in sales, leveraging Mcor's unique low cost, full-color and professional-quality paper-3D printing capabilities.
This phenomenal growth has prompted further investment of $2 million in Mcor this month by the Irish Technology Leadership Group (ITLG). Founded in 2007 by ITLG President John Hartnett and chaired by former Intel Corp. CEO Dr. Craig Barrett, the ITLG is an independent organization comprised of over 1500 high-level technology leaders primarily based in Silicon Valley who are Irish or Irish-American. The Group includes senior executives from some of the Valley's leading corporations, each of whom are committed to promoting the technology connection between Ireland and Silicon Valley, and helping Ireland address the challenges of embracing new technology opportunities.
"We are thrilled with our remarkable growth in such a short period of time," said Dr. Conor MacCormack, Co-founder and CEO of Mcor Technologies. "It has been an exciting year as we have expanded our product line, team and business and we are grateful to ITLG for their continued support."
- Mcor added seasoned 3D printing industry professionals, increasing the number of employees by 200% - doubling the number of employees year over year for the past three years. The company continues to aggressively recruit employees for positions across sales, marketing, engineering, R & D and production.
- Mcor's partner program increased 1200%, providing a wide range of expertise across market sectors and geographies worldwide.
- Mcor sales of their low cost, eco-friendly paper-based 3D printers increased 600%.
- The stunning growth in awareness of Mcor and community around low-cost paper-based 3D printing is evidenced by an average 386% increase in unique visitors to www.mcortechnologies.com year-over-year, January to April, as well as broad press coverage and steady increases in members of Mcor's social media community.
Innovative New Products
- Introduction of the Mcor IRIS, full-color 3D printer, delivering more than one million colors simultaneously (CMYK, including black) from a palette more than twice the size of its nearest competitor.
- Mcor introduced ColourIT software that prepares 3D data files for full-color 3D printing on the Mcor IRIS 3D printer. ColourIT adds color onto 3D printed models and prototypes, maximizing the capability of color 3D printing to communicate and enable more applications.
- Launch of the Matrix 300+, the lowest cost, highest-quality, most eco-friendly 3D printer - 3 times faster than ever before.
- In a giant step toward the reality of 3D printing for all, Mcor and global office supply retail giant, Staples, launched a new 3D printing service called "Staples Easy 3D," offering consumers, product designers, architects, healthcare professionals, educators, students and consumers low-cost, brilliantly colored, photorealistic 3D printed products from Staples stores.
- Staples' first 3D printing "Experience Centre" went live in The Netherlands, powered by Mcor's low-cost, full-color, paper-based 3D printers, enabling Staples to make 3D printing accessible to everyone.
- NASA Tech Briefs named the Mcor IRIS Product of the Month, January, 2013.
- Mcor was awarded the Best Exhibitor Innovation Award by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) at RAPID 2012.
MacCormack adds, "As our phenomenal growth continues, we remain true to our original vision, which is to enable everyone low-cost access to professional-quality, full-color and environmentally-friendly 3D printing."
About Mcor Technologies Ltd
Mcor Technologies Ltd is an innovative manufacturer of the world's most affordable, full-color and eco-friendly 3D printers. They are the only 3D printers to use ordinary business-letter and A4 paper as the build material, a choice that renders durable, stable and tactile models. Established in 2004 with a talented team of specialists in the area of 3D printing, software and CAD/CAM, Mcor's vision is to make 3D printing more accessible to everyone. The company operates internationally from offices in Ireland, the UK and America. www.mcortechnologies.com.
SOURCE Mcor Technologies Ltd