"We are honored and pleased to join with Poland's leading defense company to offer the proven MEADS air and missile defense system in Poland," said MEADS Vice President Tom Oles. "We are impressed with the commitment, skills, innovation and industrial capabilities of PGZ and its workforce, and we are proud to have the opportunity to work together. Our agreement is based on partnership and not just parts."
Key aspects of the MEADS offer include:
- System engineering and integration
- Radar technology
- PAC-3 missile co-production
- Production of transceiver semiconductor module assemblies and microwave monolithic integrated circuits using GaN technology
- Production and testing of an active radar homing seeker for short-range missiles
- Production of a medium-range low-cost interceptor for the Wisła system and future use in the MEADS system.
Proven in three successful flight tests, MEADS is the culmination of a cooperative partnership of Germany, Italy and the United States to design, develop and build the most advanced and capable air and missile defense weapon system in the world. Before production specifications are finalized, Poland has the opportunity to tailor elements of the system to national needs through the Wisła program. This work will be largely done by Polish industry.
MEADS International, a multinational joint venture headquartered in Orlando, Florida, is the prime contractor for the MEADS system. Major subcontractors and joint venture partners are MBDA in Italy and Germany, and Lockheed Martin in the United States.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/meads-international-signs-cooperation-pact-for-wisla-program-with-pgz-300323950.html
SOURCE MEADS International