"We are thrilled with the all-star team that has agreed to be part of our investigator core," said Dane J. Dickson, M.D., and CEO of MED-C, who envisioned and has spearheaded the N1 Registry. "Our aims are lofty: To revolutionize precision medicine, improve treatment options for patients and eventually save billions of dollars in medical expenses through waste or ineffective treatments. This is the perfect group to help us take the first steps toward achieving this."
The investigator core will be led by
- Principal Investigator -- Razelle Kurzrock, M.D., Chief of Hematology and Oncology, Moores Center Center, UC San Diego
- Solid Tumors -- Keith Flaherty, M.D., Director of Developmental Therapeutics, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Hematologic Disorders -- Brian Druker, M.D., Director, OSHU Knight Cancer Institute
- Laboratory Testing -- John Pfeifer, Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs, Washington University School of Medicine
The remaining investigator core includes
- Pat LoRusso, D.O., Associate Director of Innovative Medicine, Yale Cancer Center
- Scott Lippman, M.D., Director of Moores Cancer Center, UC San Diego
- E. Claire Dees, M.D., MSc, Professor, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina
- Scott Kopetz, M.D., PhD, FACP, Associate Professor, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas
- Dan George, M.D., Director of Genitourinary Oncology, Duke Cancer Institute
- Karen Lu, M.D., Chair of Department of Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas
- Andrew Chi, M.D., PhD, Chief of Neuro-Oncology, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York University
- Michael Maitland, M.D., PhD, Director, Therapeutics Inova Center for Personalized Health and Associate Director, Inova Schar Cancer Institute
- Anas Younes, M.D., Chief of Lymphoma Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Jerry Radich, M.D., Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Susan O'Brien, M.D., Medical Director of Clinical Trials and Research, Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, UC Irvine
- Sagar Lonial, M.D., Chair of Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University
Although not part of the investigator core, Dr. Dickson will work closely with Drs. Kuzrock, Flaherty, Druker and Pfeifer as the executive leadership of the registry. In addition to his responsibilities with MED-C, Dr. Dickson serves as the Director of Precision Medicine Policy and Registries at the Knight Cancer Institute at OHSU.
For additional information:
Lee Warnick / firstname.lastname@example.org / 202-854-1670 or 202-800-0617
We are the Molecular Evidence Development Consortium, but you can call us MED-C. We are a nonprofit organization created to help make personalized medicine not an unattainable dream, but reality.
MED-C is launching a vast database that will gather genomic-level data on cancer patients and thorough information about their treatments and clinical outcomes. Patients will receive more effective, individualized treatment. Researchers will have available a trove of data to advance their work. Society will save billions of dollars in ineffective cancer care.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/med-c-announces-stellar-investigator-core-for-ngs-registry-300321292.html