Medbox Demonstrates How Their Systems Will Be Used in San Diego Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Company also announced they will be hosting a free educational seminar in San Diego
HOLLYWOOD, Calif., March 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Medbox, Inc. (OTC Markets: MDBX) (www.medboxinc.com), announced that due to the outpouring of media requests regarding the dispensaries the company is establishing for its new and existing consulting clients in San Diego, a further clarification is needed to aide in the public's understanding of how these machines are used. To that end the company has re-released two demo clips that accurately describe how the system works in medical marijuana dispensaries. Most notably, the company clarified that the machines are at the control of and only accessible by licensed dispensary operators and are placed behind-the-counter in a secured dispensing room within the dispensary. The machines take the place of over-the-counter cash transactions and ensure that inventory, safety, security, and the medicine itself is kept in sanitary conditions.
The two demo clips, available to the media and the public at large, show the process of how the Medbox (Medicine Dispensing Systems) software works in conjunction with a highly regulated, legally compliant, and outwardly transparent model. The clip entitled "MDS Demo" shows how patient details are securely tracked and monitored in a HIPAA compliant system using biometrics to verify and authenticate patients prior to allowing dispensary operators to access the dispensing machine for allotment of medicine to the patient. The system also ensures the patient's physician authorization is valid and state dispensing limits are not exceeded. The second clip entitled "Transaction Process" has no audio but demonstrates how a San Diego medical marijuana dispensary would operate the Medbox-MDS technology. The particulars are as follows:
- Verification of State License card and/or verification of physician's authorization on initial visit,
- Patient executing all necessary forms to become a member of the dispensary,
- Patient registration within the Medbox-MDS system and payment for pre-paid registration card,
- Dispensary personnel giving dispensing room access to registered patient,
- Patient choosing desired variety of cannabis with assistance from dispensary personnel,
- Dispensary personnel operating machine to dispense medication after patient is identified at the counter via fingerprint or visual ID verification, verification of physician statement validity, and verification that pre-determined dispensing amounts have not been exceeded, pursuant to state guidelines.
- Dispensary personnel giving patient dispensed medicine after the transaction is completed.
The videos are available for viewing at the following links:
Transaction Process – No Audio
The company also announced that they will be hosting a free medical marijuana industry educational seminar in San Diego on March 16th. Landlords, patients, potential dispensary operators, law enforcement, and city officials are welcome to attend. Complete details regarding that event will be announced Monday.
About Medbox, Inc:
Medbox is a leader in the development, sales and service of automated, biometrically controlled dispensing and storage systems for medicine and merchandise. Medbox has offices throughout the world, including New York, Arizona, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Tokyo, London and Toronto, and has their corporate headquarters in Los Angeles.
Medbox provides their patented systems, software and consulting services to pharmacies, dispensaries, urgent care centers, drug rehab clinics, hospitals, prison systems, hospice facilities, and medical groups worldwide.
Medbox, Inc. is a publicly traded company, and is listed on the OTC Markets, ticker symbol MDBX.
For more information on Medbox, please contact the Medbox Investor Relations Department at (800) 762-1452 or go online to www.medboxinc.com.
SOURCE Medbox, Inc.