Medbox, Inc. Releases Demo Video and Collateral Media Concerning How Their Systems Will Be Used in Massachusetts Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Nov. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Medbox, Inc. (OTC Markets: MDBX) (www.medboxinc.com), announced today that the country's first biometric medical marijuana dispensing system has arrived in Massachusetts to bring patients safe, reliable and carefully managed access to cannabis-based health care products.
The two videos, available to the media and the public at large, show the process of how the Medbox (Medicine Dispensing Systems) software works in conjunction with a highly regulated, legally compliant, and outwardly transparent model. The video entitled "MDS Demo" shows how patient details are securely tracked and monitored in a HIPAA compliant system using biometrics to verify and authenticate patients prior to allowing dispensary operators to access the dispensing machine for allotment of medicine to the patient. The system also ensures the patient's physician authorization is valid and state dispensing limits are not exceeded. The second video entitled "Transaction Process" has no audio but demonstrates how a Massachusetts medical marijuana dispensary would operate the Medbox-MDS technology in a typical dispensary setting. This video demonstrates:
- Verification of State License card and verification of physician's authorization on initial visit,
- Patient executing all necessary forms to become a member of the dispensary,
- Patient registration within the Medbox-MDS system,
- Dispensary personnel giving dispensing room access to registered patient,
- Patient choosing desired variety of cannabis with assistance from dispensary personnel,
- Dispensary personnel operating machine to dispense medication after patient is identified at the counter via fingerprint or visual ID verification, verification of physician statement validity, and verification that pre-determined dispensing amounts have not been exceeded, pursuant to state guidelines.
- Dispensary personnel giving patient dispensed medicine after the transaction is completed.
The videos are available for viewing at the following links:
Transaction Process – No Audio
The company will be giving free seminars in Connecticut and Massachusetts in the coming months to educate individuals and groups on the upcoming permitting process in both states. The details of these seminars shall be shared in future press releases.
About Medbox, Inc:
Medbox is a leader in the development, sales and service of automated, biometrically controlled dispensing and storage systems for medicine and merchandise. Medbox has offices throughout the world, including New York, Arizona, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Tokyo, London and Toronto, and has their corporate headquarters in Los Angeles.
Medbox provides their patented systems, software and consulting services to pharmacies, dispensaries, urgent care centers, drug rehab clinics, hospitals, prison systems, hospice facilities, and medical groups worldwide.
Medbox, Inc. is a publicly traded company, and is listed on the OTC Markets, ticker symbol MDBX.
For more information on Medbox, please contact the Medbox Investor Relations Department at (800) 762-1452 or go online to www.medboxinc.com.
SOURCE Medbox, Inc.