Medbox's Version 4.0 "Secure Safe" Unveiled
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Feb. 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Medbox, Inc. (OTC Markets: MDBX) (www.medboxinc.com), a leader in providing industry specific consulting services and patented systems to the medical and retail industries, announced today that it has unveiled a first-of-its-kind dispensing safe, called the "Secure Safe" for use in the marijuana sector.
Company executives stated the underlying technology has been awarded a patent (US 7,844,363 B1) that the company benefits from and there is also a patent pending on additional features and functionality as follows:
- Designed to securely store and dispense marijuana via an attached Point-of-Sale terminal (not pictured) at the control of dispensary operators and never directly accessible by consumers
- Engineered to have a UL safe rating between Residential Security Container (RSC) and Class B rated safes for the US and upgraded U.L. TL-15 designation for Canadian placements meeting or exceeding any state or country's requirements for secure storage and dispensing of marijuana
- Re-enforced steel plate structure & steel bolted inner access door
- Double walled & insulated sides/top for fire and thermal protection
- Inner door secured by multi-point interior locking system
- Fully electric operated and controlled locking system
- Fully programmable pass codes and fingerprint recognition for multi-level operator access
- No key or mechanical override mechanism ensuring no unwanted access
- Intrusion alert feature via SMS or email message after 5 unsuccessful access attempts or upon interior motion sensor activation.
The company credits the machine manufacturer AVT, Inc. (OTC Markets: AVTC) with impressive design enhancements that have brought Medbox's vision for the Secure Safe to fruition ahead of schedule.
"San Diego will most likely be the first city that will see our newly designed equipment as they passed an ordinance yesterday allowing dispensaries within their city," stated Matt Feinstein Vice-President at Medbox, Inc. "We have over one hundred of our prior dispensing safes out in the field, and pre-orders for over 200 more of our next generation dispensing safes for Washington, Illinois, Nevada, and San Diego. We have a busy rest of the year ahead of us!"
About Medbox, Inc:
Medbox is a leader in the development, sales and service of automated, biometrically controlled dispensing and storage systems for medicine and merchandise. Medbox has offices in New York, Arizona, Florida, and has their corporate headquarters in Los Angeles.
Medbox offers their patented systems, software and consulting services to pharmacies, dispensaries, urgent care centers, drug rehab clinics, hospitals, prison systems, hospice facilities, and medical groups worldwide. In addition, through its wholly owned subsidiary, Vaporfection International, Inc. (www.vaporfection.com), the Company offers an industry award winning medical vaporizer product.
Medbox, Inc. is a publicly traded company, and is quoted on the OTC Markets, ticker symbol MDBX.
Forward-Looking Statements: The statements in this press release constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of federal securities laws. Such statements are based on our current beliefs and expectations and are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies, many of which are beyond our control. In addition, such forward-looking statements are subject to assumptions with respect to future business strategies and decisions that are subject to change. We do not take any obligation to update any forward-looking statement to reflect events or developments after a forward-looking statement was made.
For more information on Medbox, please contact us at (800) 762-1452 or go online to www.medboxinc.com.
SOURCE Medbox, Inc.