SAN FRANCISCO, February 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
MedGenome announced today that they will present more than 12 posters in the areas of oncology, metabolic disorders, neurology, rare diseases/inherited diseases and longevity/population genomics at the Advances in Genome Biology and Technology 2016, which takes place from February 10-13, 2016 in Orlando, Florida. The posters and accompanying short technical talks are scheduled during the breakfast meetings from 7:30am to 9:00am in Segura 4 at the JW Marriott, Orlando.
The posters will highlight MedGenome's capabilities in genomics research at the population level accompanied by preliminary data from selected studies. Scientists interested in basic and clinical research will gain more information on the power of using stratified disease cohorts for genetics research, enabled by tools that seamlessly track/manage samples, data and software tools for analysing and interpreting large amount of genomics data from population scale sequencing.
Posters will address the following topics:
- Integrated Genomics Platform to interrogate complex diseases
- NextGen LIMS - A project tracking tool to manage samples, clinical and genomics data
- Bioinformatics platform to analyze and interpret population scale genomics data
- Profile of driver gene mutations in buccal and tongue cancer
- Genetic and environmental factors shape the tumor microenvironment of tongue and buccal cancer
- Differential gene expression profile of tongue and buccal cancers produce unique and shared T-cell neo-epitopes for cancer immunotherapy
- OncoPept - A platform to test cancer neo-antigens for their ability to activate T-cells: Validating the platform using viral peptides
- Rare/ Inherited diseases
- Novel mutations in rare genetic disorders present in the Indian population: Analysis from three different case studies
- Comparison of targeted gene panel and whole exome sequencing in diagnosis of retinal genetic diseases
- A retrospective analysis of the spectrum of genetic variations associated with hereditary cancers in Indians
- Identification of novel mutations in HERC1 gene in patients with intellectual disability and facial dysmorphism
- Do Wellderley individuals harbor genetic variants that protect against cancers?
- Rare genetic variants in effector genes of metabolic, nutrient-sensing and tissue regeneration pathways are overrepresented in the Wellderley population
8. Proprietary genomics solutions
- OncoMD: An extensively annotated knowledgebase of cancer mutations for basic and clinical research
- OncoPept: An integrated platform to develop novel therapeutics in cancer immunotherapy
MedGenome is a genomics-driven research and diagnostics company with a mission to improve global health by decoding the genetic information contained in an individual's genome. Our powerful genomics solutions accelerate drug discovery research for pharma and biotech companies. Our unique access to genomics data with clinical and phenotypic data provides insights into complex diseases at the genetic and molecular level to facilitate research in personalized healthcare. MedGenome is the market leader for genetic diagnostic testing in India and has worked with thousands of doctors, hospitals, and patients across India by applying Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) techniques to large disease cohorts in cancer, eye and neurological disorders, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and rare cancers. For more information, visit us at http://www.medgenome.com
This document contains certain forward-looking statements, other than the statements of research facts contained in this press release are forward looking statements. Terms such as "believe", "estimate", "anticipate", "plan", "predict", "may", "hope", "can", "will", "should", "expect", "intend", "is designed to", "with the intent", "potential", the negative of these words or such other variations thereon or comparable terminology, may indicate forward-looking statements, but their absence does not mean that a statement is not forward-looking. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this press release. The events and circumstances reflected in MedGenome's forward-looking statements may not be achieved or occur and actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements. Except as required by applicable law, MedGenome does not plan to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements contained herein, whether as a result of any new information, future events, changed circumstances or otherwise.
SOURCE MedGenome Labs Pvt. Ltd.