NEW YORK, Sept. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Reporters covering the insurance implications of the hurricanes and tropical storms in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans are encouraged to contact the Insurance Information Institute (I.I.I.) for information, expert interviews and analysis.
The I.I.I. can provide coverage information and claims filing tips, as well as historical data and background on hurricanes, tropical storms, flooding and other catastrophes, including the following:
Wind damage from tropical storms, hurricanes and tornadoes is covered under standard homeowners, renters and business insurance policies. Flood damage resulting from heavy rain, storm surge and hurricanes is excluded under standard policies. Flood coverage is available, however, from FEMA's National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and from a few private insurers.
Damage to cars from tropical storms or hurricanes is covered under the optional comprehensive portion of an auto insurance policy. This includes wind damage, flooding and even falling objects such as tree limbs.
I.I.I. spokespeople are available for interviews and can also arrange for you to speak with other I.I.I. subject matter experts.
- Lynne McChristian: 813-480-6446; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elianne González (Spanish-language):954-684-4410; email@example.com
- Bill Davis, Southeastern Media Representative: 770-331-9279; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Barry, Vice President, Media Relations: 917-923-8245; email@example.com
- Jeanne Salvatore, Senior Vice President, Chief Communications Officer: 917-612-4088; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Loretta Worters, Vice President, Communications: 917-620-0982; email@example.com
Other online resources available to reporters include:
- Disaster Planning for Older Adults
- Homeowners and Renters Insurance
- Insuring Your Business: Small Business Owners' Guide to Insurance
- Preparing an Evacuation Plan
- Settling an Insurance Claim After a Disaster
- Are You Underinsured?
- Disaster Planning with Pets
- Don't Be a Dummy About Flood Insurance
- Filing a Homeowners Insurance Claim: Six Steps
- Home Inventory Software
- Making Your Home More Hurricane-Resistant: Five Steps
THE I.I.I. IS A NONPROFIT, COMMUNICATIONS ORGANIZATION SUPPORTED BY THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY.
Insurance Information Institute, 110 William Street, New York, NY 10038; (212) 346-5500; www.iii.org.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/media-advisory--iii-insurance-experts-available-over-labor-day-weekend-to-discuss-insurance-implications-of-hurricanes-tropical-storms-and-flooding-300322135.html
SOURCE Insurance Information Institute