Media Alert: 225 of the World's Most Powerful Women Corporate Directors Meet at WCD Global Summit and Visionary Awards
NEW YORK, April 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
What: WomenCorporateDirectors hosts its second annual Global Institute, bringing together more than 225 women corporate board directors from all over the world.
When: May 1-2, 2012; Visionary Awards Dinner – evening of May 1
Where: New York City
Theme: "Globalization: Frontiers and Crossroads"
Why: The Institute will convene some of the most powerful women in business globally. Speakers and panelists from the highest levels of business (from North and South America and Europe to Southeast Asia and Africa) will address the emerging trends and market developments affecting boards and companies today.
The awards will honor Intel; Publicis Groupe; DuPont Chair and CEO Ellen Kullman; and Desjardins Group President, Chair, and CEO Monique Leroux.
- Denise Morrison – CEO, Campbell's Soup
- Fatima Al Jaber – President, Al Jaber Group (Abu Dhabi)
- Mercedes Araoz Fernandez – Representative in Mexico, InterAmerican Development Bank; Director, QuiCorp; Former Minister, Peru; and former Peruvian presidential candidate
- Deb Henretta – Procter & Gamble Group President, Asia (Singapore)
- Romi Haan – Founder and CEO, Haan Corporation (Korea)
- Phuti Malabie – CEO, Shanduka Group (South Africa)
- Olunfunke Iyabo Osibodu – Group Managing Director and Chief Executive, Union Bank of Nigeria
- Sandra Peterson – CEO and Chair, Bayer CropScience (Germany); Director, Dun & Bradstreet
- Ann Korologos – Former U.S. Secretary of Labor; Director of AMR Corporation, Harman International Industries, Host Hotels & Resorts, Kellogg Company, and Vulcan Materials Company
- Halla Tomasdottir – Co-founder and Chairman, Audur Capital, Veritas, and TAL (Iceland)
- Ann Veneman – Former Secretary of Agriculture; former Executive Director, UNICEF; Director, Nestle and Alexion Pharmaceuticals
- Deborah Wright – Director, Renner Retail Stores (Brazil)
- "Globalization 3.0: An Uncharted World of Dissolving Certainty"
- "Changing Global Demographics: Implications for an Evolving Workforce"
- "When the Terrain Gets Tough, Women Take the Wheel (in the Boardroom and C-Suite)"
- "Creating Advantage: What's the Next Paradigm Shift in Technology?"
- "Geopolitical Dynamics: Emerging Markets Change the Game"
- "Global Scarcities: Creating Market Opportunities and New Challenges"
To apply for media credentials to cover this event, please contact Davia Temin or Suzanne Oaks of Temin and Company at 212-588-8788 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the WCD Global Institute
The WomenCorporateDirectors (WCD) 2012 Global Institute is an unprecedented opportunity for global board directors to share corporate governance and business strategies and to build partnerships with a purpose, in a private, invitation-only setting.
The Institute is a two-day, high-powered idea forum exploring compelling issues on the minds of today's board directors and their companies. The program includes keynotes, panels, and discussion groups – as well as the WCD Visionary Awards Dinner – that facilitate informal peer exchanges.
About WomenCorporateDirectors (WCD)
WomenCorporateDirectors (WCD) is the only global membership organization and community of women corporate directors, comprised of more than 1,400 members serving on over 1,550 boards in 42 chapters around the world. In this new era of responsibility, WCD is committed not just to good governance, but to governance with global vision. Smart boards are going global in members and mindset. Our members share information and insights in order to ensure best practices in corporate governance around the world.
WCD's global chapters are located in Arizona, Atlanta, Australia, Beijing, Bogota, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Delhi, Denmark, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Houston, Indonesia, Israel, Lima, London, Mexico City, Malaysia, Minnesota, Morocco, Mumbai, New York, Nigeria, Northern California, Northern/Central Europe (Berlin), Paris, Philadelphia, Sao Paulo, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, South Africa, Southern California, South Florida, Switzerland, Tennessee, Toronto, United Arab Emirates, and Washington, D.C.
Our mission is to continue to expand the WCD community through leadership, diversity, education, best practices in corporate governance, and a focus on development and new board placement opportunities – see WCD's Call to Action to improve diversity on boards. WCD offers local, regional, national, and international forums, providing a platform for turning ideas into action. WCD is supported by its Founding Partners, Heidrick & Struggles and KPMG. For more information, visit womencorporatedirectors.com.
More by this Source
250 of the World's Most Powerful Women Corporate Directors Meet at WCD Global Institute
Apr 17, 2013, 15:20 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.