Media Alert: 250 of the World's Most Powerful Women Corporate Directors Meet at WCD Global Institute and Visionary Awards
NEW YORK, April 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
WomenCorporateDirectors hosts its third annual Global Institute, bringing together more than 250 women corporate board directors from all over the world.
Daytime sessions – May 1-2, 2013; Visionary Awards Dinner – evening of May 1
New York City
"Resiliency – Successful Directors and Corporations Looking Beyond the Next Quarter"
The Institute will convene some of the most powerful women in business globally. Speakers and panelists from the highest levels of business (from North and South America and Europe to the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and Africa) will address the emerging trends and market developments affecting boards and companies today.
The Visionary Awards will honor Unilever, IBM, SC Johnson, and former Pearson CEO Marjorie Scardino.
- Clara Shih – CEO, Hearsay Social; Director, Starbucks Corporation
- Paul Polman – CEO of Unilever
- Christy Wood – Director, H&R Block, Inc.; Former Chairman, International Corporate Governance Network
- Susan Oliver (Australia) – Chairman, Fusion Retail Brands; Chairman and Co-Founder, scalE Enterprises
- Deanna Oppenheimer (USA & UK) – CEO, CameoWorks, LLC; Former Vice Chair, Global Retail Banking at Barclays; Non-Executive Director Tesco PLC and NCR Corporation
- Jeanette Horan (United Kingdom) – Vice President, CIO, IBM; Director, Microvision, Inc.
- Fatima Al Jaber (United Arab Emirates) – Board Member, Al Jaber Group; Chairperson, UAE Businesswomen's Council
- Dr. Helene Gayle – President and CEO, CARE USA; Director, The Coca-Cola Company and Colgate-Palmolive
- Ambassador Donna Hrinak – President, Boeing Brazil; Former U.S. Ambassador to Brazil, Venezuela, Bolivia, and the Dominican Republic
- Felia Salim (Indonesia) – Vice President Director, Bank Negara Indonesia (BNI)
- Wendy Luhabe (South Africa) – Chairman, Women Private Equity Fund of South Africa; Director, BMW (South Africa) LTD.
- Dr. Andrea J. Dew – Naval War College, Strategy & Policy Department, Co-Director, Center on Irregular Warfare & Armed Groups
- Marina Brogi (Italy) – Chairman, Fratelli Branca Distillerie S.r.l.; Director, Prelios S.p.A. and Impregilo, S.p.A.
- "Beyond the Next Quarter"
- "What Directors Need to Know about Technology"
- "What On Earth Were You Thinking?"
- "Managing Change and Disruptions around the World"
- "New Trends, Ideas, and Best Practices That Directors Can Take Advantage of to Successfully Navigate the Globe"
- Conversations with Paul Polman, CEO of Unilever PLC, Fatima Al Jaber, board member of the Al Jaber Group, and Marcy Syms, director of Rite Aid and former CEO and chair of Syms Corp.
About the WCD Global Institute
The WomenCorporateDirectors (WCD) 2013 Global Institute is an unprecedented opportunity for global board directors to share corporate governance and business strategies and to build partnerships with a purpose, in a private, invitation-only setting.
The Institute is a two-day, high-powered idea forum exploring compelling issues on the minds of today's board directors and their companies. The program includes keynotes, panels, and discussion groups – as well as the WCD Visionary Awards Dinner – that facilitate informal peer exchanges.
About WomenCorporateDirectors (WCD)
WomenCorporateDirectors (WCD) is the only global membership organization and community of women corporate directors, comprised of more than 2,000 members serving on over 3,000 boards in 52 chapters around the world. In 2012, WCD launched the Global Nominating Commission, a high-level task force of select corporate board nominating committee chairs and members from around the world, as well as CEOs, focused on proactively building diverse boards and candidate slates. Each year, WCD conducts a Global Board Survey in conjunction with Heidrick & Struggles and researchers from the Harvard Business School. Heidrick & Struggles and KPMG are Global Founding Partners of WCD.
WCD has 52 global chapters, located in Arizona, Atlanta, Beijing, Boston, Brazil, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Colombia, Dallas/Fort Worth, Delhi, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Gulf Cooperation Council, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Houston, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, London, Los Angeles/Orange County, Malaysia, Melbourne, Mexico, Milan, Minnesota, Morocco, Mumbai, Netherlands, New York, New Zealand, Nigeria, Northern California, Peru, Philadelphia, Philippines, Rome, San Diego, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, South Africa, South Florida, Switzerland, Sydney, Tennessee, Toronto, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.womencorporatedirectors.com.
More by this Source
The $8 Trillion Voice of WomenCorporateDirectors
Oct 09, 2013, 10:30 ET
What Boards Need to Know About Technology
Jul 16, 2013, 10:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.