WASHINGTON, May 26, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Edison Electric Institute's (EEI's) Annual Convention will highlight the rapid transformation taking place throughout the electric power industry. At the heart of this transformation is a clean energy future that is customer-driven and delivered by a modern, reliable and resilient power grid. Tap into an unrivaled opportunity to connect with the industry's top executives and thought leaders, who will explore cutting-edge topics including the digital and distributed grid, energy storage, distributed generation, environmental policy, grid resiliency, electric transportation and much more.
The convention will feature top industry executives, as well as Fox News Channel's Megyn Kelly and University of Alabama head football coach Nick Saban.
WHERE: Sheraton Grand Chicago, 301 East North Water Street, Chicago, IL 60611
WHEN: June 12-15, 2016
WHO: The event will feature speakers from across the electric power industry, including a special opening session speech on Monday, June 13, by Fox News Channel anchor and host of The Kelly File, Megyn Kelly. In addition, University of Alabama's head football coach, Nick Saban, will speak to attendees at the gala reception and dinner on Tuesday, June 14.
Other speakers include:
- Greg Abel, EEI Vice Chairman and Chairman, President & CEO of Berkshire Hathaway Energy
- Nick Akins, EEI Chairman and Chairman, President & CEO of American Electric Power
- Ganesh Bell, Chief Digital Officer of GE Power
- Chris Crane, EEI Vice Chairman and President & CEO of the Exelon Corporation
- Keren Elazari, an internationally recognized security analyst, author, and speaker
- Tom Fanning, Incoming EEI Chairman and Chairman, President & CEO of Southern Company
- Brad Gammons, General Manager, Global Energy and Utilities Industry at IBM
- Julia Hamm, President & CEO at Smart Electric Power Alliance
- Tero Heinonen, Founder & CEO of Sharper Shape
- Mike Howard, President & CEO at the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)
- Ralph Izzo, Chairman, President & CEO of Public Service Enterprise Group
- Ryan Popple, President & CEO at Proterra
- Rodger Smith, Senior Vice President & General Manager at the Oracle Corporation
- Sue Tierney, Senior Advisor at Analysis Group, Inc.
- Pat Vincent-Collawn, EEI Vice Chairman and Chairman, President & CEO of PNM Resources
PRESS: OPEN, Press interested in attending should please contact Brian Reil at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-508-5514.
For more information on the 2016 convention and instructions on how to attend, please visit the convention website.
About the Edison Electric Institute
EEI is the association that represents all U.S. investor-owned electric companies. Our members provide electricity for 220 million Americans, operate in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, and directly and indirectly support more than 1 million jobs. EEI has more than 70 international electric companies as International Members, and 270 industry suppliers and related organizations as Associate Members.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/media-alert-energy-companies-industry-leaders-to-convene-at-eei-annual-convention-in-chicago-300275925.html
SOURCE Edison Electric Institute