SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) will officially recognize Data Privacy Day on Thursday, Jan. 26, with a daylong event streamed live from Twitter's headquarters in San Francisco, CA. The event will feature exciting TED-style talks, segments and interviews focusing on the latest privacy issues for consumers and business. It will be available online for the world to watch on Livestream, Periscope and Facebook Live.
Data Privacy Day – held annually on Jan. 28 – brings together partners in industry, government and the nonprofit sector to educate consumers and businesses about how they can better protect their personal information and manage their privacy and teach organizations about how privacy is good for business. Data Privacy Day, led by NCSA in the United States, is built on the theme "Respecting Privacy, Safeguarding Data and Enabling Trust."
WHO: Renowned industry experts will participate in a series of dynamic discussions about timely and relevant privacy issues facing consumers and business.
Snapshot of speakers to date include but is not limited to:
- Patricia Cartes, Head of Global Trust & Safety Outreach, Public Policy, Twitter
- Lori Fink, Chief Privacy Officer, at AT&T
- Charlie Firestone, Executive Director, The Aspen Institute
- Lisa Ho, Campus Privacy Officer, UC Berkeley
- Neil Daswani, Chief Information Security Officer, LifeLock
- Michael Kaiser, Executive Director, National Cyber Security Alliance
- Katrina Karkazis, Senior Research Scholar at the Center for Biomedical Ethics, Stanford
- Eve Maler, VP of Innovation and Emerging Technology, ForgeRock
- Jules Polonetsky, CEO, Future of Privacy Forum
- Laura Pirri, Legal Director for Privacy, Twitter
- Mary Rossell, Director Intel Privacy Office & SDL Governance Office, Intel Corporation
- Nithan Sannappa, Attorney, Division of Privacy and Identity Protection, Federal Trade Commission
- Alan Simpson, Executive Director, iKeepSafe
- Denise Tayloe, Co-Founder and CEO, PRIVO
- Greg Tanaka, Founder & CEO, Percolata
- Eva Velasquez, President and CEO, ID Theft Resource Center
- Andreas Weigend, Director, Social Data Lab; former Chief Scientist, Amazon
- Ruby Zefo, Vice President, Law & Policy Group at Intel Corporation and Chief Privacy & Security Counsel
WHEN: Thursday, Jan. 26 from 9:30a.m. to 4:30p.m. PST
The event will also be available online to global audiences via Livestream, Periscope and Facebook Live. For more information, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/live-from-twitter-hq-data-privacy-day-event-2017-tickets-29999132212
1355 Market Street
10th floor, Aviary
San Francisco, CA 94103
Media Inquiries: Space for media is limited. For media inquiries and press RSVPs, please contact: Jessica Beffa at Thatcher+Co. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-413-4938.
About Data Privacy Day
The National Cyber Security Alliance's (NCSA) privacy awareness campaign is an integral component of STOP. THINK. CONNECT.TM ‒ the global online safety, security and privacy campaign. Data Privacy Day is the signature event for the campaign and is officially organized by NCSA in North America. Data Privacy Day began in the United States and Canada in January 2008 as an extension of the Data Protection Day celebration in Europe. Cisco, Intel, Solera Holdings and Twitter are Leading Sponsors of the 2017 privacy awareness campaign. ForgeRock and LifeLock, are Contributing Sponsors. Privacy Ref is a Supporting Sponsor. The hashtag for NCSA's privacy campaign efforts is #PrivacyAware.
About the National Cyber Security Alliance
The National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) is the nation's leading nonprofit, public-private partnership promoting cybersecurity and privacy education and awareness. NCSA works with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and NCSA's Board of Directors, which includes representatives from ADP; AT&T Services, Inc.; Bank of America; Barclays; BlackBerry Corporation; CDK Global, LLC; Cisco; Comcast Corporation; ESET North America; Facebook; Google; Intel Corporation; LifeLock, Inc, Logical Operations; Mastercard; Microsoft Corp.; NXP Semiconductors; PayPal; PKWARE; Raytheon; RSA, the Security Division of EMC; Salesforce; SANS Institute; Symantec and Visa Inc. NCSA's core efforts include National Cyber Security Awareness Month (October); Data Privacy Day (January 28) and STOP. THINK. CONNECT.™, the global online safety awareness and education campaign cofounded by NCSA and the Anti Phishing Working Group, with federal government leadership from DHS. For more information on NCSA, please visit staysafeonline.org/about-us/overview/.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/media-alert-join-us-in-san-francisco-or-virtually-for-data-privacy-day-2017-january-26-300393127.html
SOURCE National Cyber Security Alliance