MEDIA ALERT/PHOTO OPPORTUNITY: Royal Caribbean International's Allure of the Seas Arrives at Port Everglades on Nov. 11
World's Largest Cruise Ships Allure and Oasis Together for the First Time on Nov. 13
MIAMI, Nov. 10, 2010 /PRNewswire/ --
WHAT: Royal Caribbean's newest cruise ship, Allure of the Seas, the world's largest and most revolutionary cruise ship, will make her U.S. debut into her homeport of Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Hundreds of eager onlookers, including Royal Caribbean executives, and participating community and non-profit organizations, will be on site to celebrate her arrival as she is welcomed by a flotilla of fireboats, private watercraft and other maritime escorts.
WHEN: Thursday, November 11, 2010
* Allure's schedule is as follows:
- 8:00 am – Allure is visible from the shore line
- 8:30 am – Allure arrives at mouth of inlet (photo opportunity)
- 9:00 am – Berthing at Terminal 18, Port Everglades
WHERE: * John U. Lloyd Beach State Park, 6503 N. Ocean Dr., Dania Beach, FL 33004
(Free Public Welcome Event - Jetty Pavilion opens at 7:00 am; Roadside parking for broadcast vehicles)
*** Satellite Coordinates ***
Thursday, 11/11/10, 15:30-16:00 ET: Galaxy 19, Transponder 08 (C-Band), Downlink Frequency: 3860 (H),
Audio: 6.2 & 6.8 MHz
Friday, 11/12/10, 06:00-06:15 ET AND 10:00-10:15 ET: Galaxy 16, Transponder 14 (C-Band),
Downlink Frequency: 3980 (V), Audio: 6.2 & 6.8 MHz
B-roll and photography available upon request at www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com
Formats include HD, SD, NTSC and PAL broadcast quality downloads
ADDITIONAL PHOTO OPP: On Saturday, Nov. 13 at 5:30 pm Allure of the Seas will be joined by her sister ship Oasis of the Seas for a one-of-a-kind visual of the world's largest ships together for the first time.
DAY TOURS: The first opportunity for media to come onboard is Friday, Nov. 19. Day tours will be available beginning at 11:30 am for broadcast media and 1:30 pm for print media.
Note: All media wishing to board the ship must provide security information no later than Tues., Nov. 16: full name, date of birth, driver's license or passport number, and nationality.
HIGHLIGHTS: Royal Caribbean, known for building the largest cruise ships in the world and introducing never before seen innovations like rock walls, ice skating rinks and FlowRider surf simulators, launches its second Oasis-class ship, Allure of the Seas, with a refreshing new array of features and onboard amenities. In addition to the signature Oasis-class neighborhood design with seven unique spaces such as Central Park with more than 12,000 live plants, and the Coney Island-style Boardwalk with an AquaTheater, her distinct personality takes center stage with new features such as:
- New entertainment offerings including the launch of a partnership with DreamWorks Animation and the Broadway hit, Chicago: The Musical
- 26 dining options including the first Starbucks at sea, fine dining at 150 Central Park conceptualized by Culinary Institute of America alumna Molly Brandt, Samba Grill Brazilian steakhouse, Rita's Cantina Mexican cuisine and The Dog House
- A wide array of retail options including a BRITTO Gallery fashioned by pop-artist Romero Britto and GUESS Accessory boutique
- Innovative technology features such as a 3-D movie theater and iPod docks in suites
SOURCE Royal Caribbean International
More by this Source
Royal Caribbean International Reveals Groundbreaking Quantum-Class Ships
Apr 16, 2013, 10:30 ET
Royal Caribbean International Names New Senior Vice President of Marketing
Jun 14, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.