CAMBRIDGE, Mass., March 2, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Solve (solve.mit.edu), an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, together with UN Academic Impact (academicimpact.un.org), is hosting Solve at the United Nations, a live pitch event in New York City on March 7, 2017. During this event, selected finalists with the most promising solutions to Solve's open innovation challenges will pitch their solutions to a panel of judges and Solve community members. Pitches will include solutions to the following challenges:
- Refugee Education: How can we improve learning outcomes for refugee and displaced young people under 24? Click here to view the challenge and selected finalists.
- Carbon Contributions: How can individuals and corporations manage and reduce their carbon contributions? Click here to view the challenge and selected finalists.
- Chronic Diseases: How can we help people prevent, detect and manage chronic diseases, especially in resources-limited settings? Click here to view the challenge and selected finalists.
Those selected at Solve at the United Nations will become Solvers, who will be invited to join the Solve community, comprised of leaders from the private, public, nonprofit, and academic sectors. Solvers will present their solutions to this community at the Solve at MIT flagship event, taking place on and around MIT Campus from May 8-10, 2017 in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Solvers will additionally have the opportunity to workshop, develop, and announce partnerships with Solve members.
Media interested in attending Solve at the United Nations, must register and be accredited through the UN Media Accreditation & Liaison Unit. Please apply at http://www.un.org/en/media/accreditation/accreditation.shtml
Solve is an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) that identifies and supports lasting solutions to the world's most pressing challenges. Solve is a community that brings together technologists, social entrepreneurs, business leaders, policymakers, researchers, and other change agents to unearth and implement solutions to specific, actionable challenges around education, health, sustainability, and economic prosperity.
Solve's mission is to solve world challenges through open innovation and partnership by:
- Identifying the best solutions to specific, actionable challenges through open innovation.
- Building and convening a community of leaders and change-makers committed to partnering together to pilot and implement these solutions.
Solve achieves its mission by launching specific actionable challenge on its open innovation platform. Anyone can submit a solution to these challenges, and judges - MIT faculty, industry experts, civil society leaders - pick the best solutions for the opportunity to pitch live for the opportunity to become Solvers. Solvers receive support from Solve and its partners, and participate in the flagship Solve at MIT. Solve is thus a marketplace bringing together the people with great solutions and cross-sector leaders with the resources - financial, technical, organizational - to fund, pilot and scale those solutions.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/media-registration-is-now-open-for-mits-solve-at-the-united-nations-on-march-7-2017-300416948.html
SOURCE Solve at MIT