ANN ARBOR, Mich., May 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Medical Advantage Group announces the launch of CIPA, the Consortium of Independent Physician Associations, in Ohio. The company's commitment to Ohio physicians is to provide the vital business and clinical readiness services to position them for the healthcare industry transformation to value-based care. CIPA is endorsed by the Ohio State Medical Association (OSMA), who is an active participant in the rollout strategy and advocacy to independent physicians across Ohio.
The Affordable Care Act introduced reform and incentives in the areas of value-based payments, improvements to population health, and the accelerated use of Electronic Health Records (EHR). While many large physician groups and health systems have already started to transform their operations for value-based care, independent physicians and small practices typically do not have available resources and find themselves at a disadvantage.
CIPA allows independent physicians in Ohio to band together to leverage economies of scale and thought leadership to better manage the challenges facing independent physicians. CIPA provides:
- Practice Assessments – To identify opportunities for cost savings and workflow improvements.
- Group Purchasing – Discounts on common services and products such as vaccines.
- Accountable Care Organization – Participation in a Medicare Shared Savings Program ACO.
- Billing and Coding Consulting – Coding best practices for improved billing accuracy resulting in increased reimbursement.
- EHR Selection, Implementation and Optimization – Dedicated, onsite assistance with the selection, implementation and optimization of EHR systems.
- Revenue Cycle Management – Services to streamline workflow, reduce denials, and ensure faster claims processing.
- HIPAA Consulting – Compliance advisory services, risk assessments and remediation planning.
- Value-based Contracts – Access to contracting opportunities that increase physician reimbursement and assistance to help physician practices prepare for upcoming changes in payment models.
- Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) – Hands-on practice consultants work onsite to help practices get to the next level and be well-positioned to be rewarded for transformation efforts.
- Training and Educational Seminars – Emerging topics such as Medicaid billing, MACRA, Telehealth and wearable devices.
"The journey to success in a fee-for-value environment is full of obstacles, especially for smaller independent physician practices," said Todd Baker, CEO, Ohio State Medical Association. "Challenges include training staff in new approaches, modifying workflows, and updating technology in the practice."
"CIPA 'connects the unconnected' physician and facilitates their participation in incentive programs while providing the vital infrastructure support to maximize reimbursements in value-based contracts," said Paul MacLellan, CEO, Medical Advantage Group. "Leveraging the endorsement and support of the OSMA, we are committed to make a difference for physicians in Ohio. In Michigan last year, we helped our CIPA members earn $17 million in additional practice revenue from fee schedule increases and financial incentives."
Since launching in 2005, Medical Advantage Group has managed CIPA which consists of a network of 40 physician organizations representing 1,200 physicians throughout Michigan – who are dedicated to the practice of independent medicine. Members include individual practices, group practices, rural health clinics, Federally Qualified Health Centers, and physician hospital organizations. Most CIPA physicians are independent solo practitioners located in both urban and rural settings.
To learn more about CIPA, visit www.JoinCIPAOhio.com.
About Medical Advantage Group
Medical Advantage Group simplifies the delivery of efficient, high-quality health care for medical practices, health centers, physician organizations, hospitals and health systems. The company delivers the tools, best practices, and proven methodologies to optimize practices through a variety of value-based health care solutions: Patient-Centered Medical Home, population health management, clinical measures performance improvement, risk contracts, incentive program management and optimization, physician organization management, group purchasing, HIPAA compliance, revenue cycle management; and EHR implementation and optimization. Established in 1996, Medical Advantage Group (www.medicaladvantagegroup.com) is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Doctors Company. The Doctors Company is the nation's largest physician-owned medical malpractice insurer, with more than 78,000 members and $4.3 billion in assets, and is rated A by A.M. Best Company and Fitch Ratings.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medical-advantage-group-announces-consortium-for-independent-ohio-physicians-300271107.html
SOURCE Medical Advantage Group