NEW YORK, Oct. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This BCC Research report measures, forecasts and segments the global magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) systems market by type of structure, field strength, application, technique, and region. Forecasts included from 2016 through 2021.
Use this report to:
- Assess the global market for medical magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) systems by various segments such as structure, application, technique, field strength and region.
- Gain insight into current and emerging technologies, the competitive landscape, and market dynamics of MRI systems.
- Identify leading market players of MRI systems, and relevant patents.
- The global market for MRI systems reached $5.8 billion in 2015. The market should reach nearly $6.1 billion and $8.0 billion in 2016 and 2021 respectively, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7% from 2016 to 2021.
- The North American market for MRI systems should reach $3.1 billion in 2021 and $2.4 billion in 2016, growing at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2016 to 2021.
- The MRI systems market in the Asia-Pacific region should reach nearly $2.1 billion in 2021 from $1.5 billion in 2016, growing at a CAGR of 7.3% from 2016 to 2021.
This study measures, forecasts and segments the global magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) systems market by type of structure, field strength, application, technique, and region. The market estimations include only the segments listed below. The market segments in the study are categorized as follows:
MRI systems by structure/architecture.
- Closed MRI systems.
o Narrow-bore closed MRI systems.
o Wide-bore MRI systems (also known as semi-open/open).
- Closed extremity systems are not included in the closed MRI systems category but
are reported as a separate segment for the purpose of this report.
o Fully open MRI systems.
o Extremity/dedicated MRI systems.
MRI systems by field strength.
- Low-to medium-field MRI systems (< 1.5 Tesla).
- High-field MRI systems (1.5 Tesla).
- Very-high-field MRI systems (3.0 Tesla).
- Ultrahigh-field MRI systems (> 3.0 Tesla).
MRI systems by application.
- Spine MRI.
- Brain MRI.
- Head and neck MRI.
- Vascular and cardiac MRI.
- Extremities/musculoskeletal MRI.
- Abdomen and pelvis MRI.
- Whole-body MRI.
- Other applications (breast MRI, chest MRI, fetal MRI).
MRI systems by technique.
- Basic MRI.
- Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) and magnetic resonance venography (MRV).
- Functional MRI.
- MRI spectrometry.
- Diffusion MRI.
- Perfusion MRI.
- Gradient echo MRI.
- Inversion techniques: fast fluid-attenuated inversion recovery (FLAIR), short inversion-recovery sequence (STIR), and others.
- Other techniques.
Regional analysis of all segments of the market is also provided in the study.
The key regions according to which the markets are segmented include:
- North America.
- Rest of the World (ROW).
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The goal of this study is to provide industry participants with insights into the global MRI systems market scenario, both in terms of quantitative as well as qualitative data, in order to help them develop business/growth strategies, assess the market landscape, analyze their position in the current market scenario, and make key business decisions in the MRI systems space. In particular, the objectives of the study are as follows:
- To provide a comprehensive analysis of the MRI systems market by different
segments as listed above.
- To identify the market dynamics of each key market segment and the relevant
business impacts thereof.
- To provide market forecasting of MRI market systems by respective segments and by
regions as mentioned above.
- To report and analyze key market developments.
- To highlight and analyze market trends, drivers and restraints.
- To provide key insights into market activity and developments along with
- To analyze each key region listed above.
- To analyze the competitive scenario of the market and list competitor products.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
Rapid technology advances in the field of medical diagnostics and the increasing geriatric population along with increasing healthcare access and affordability have been important in driving the demand for diagnostic technologies.
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is one such technology that has gained great traction worldwide due to its advantages over other imaging technologies such as X-rays and computed tomography (CT) scans. MRI is a medical imaging technique that makes use of magnetism, radio waves, and a computer to produce images of body structures.
MRI scans have a wide variety of applications in disease diagnosis ranging from neuroscans to cardiac scans to liver scans. MR imaging has become the preferred diagnostic imaging method especially for the central nervous system—for detecting brain tumors and spine lesions, for imaging blood vessels, and so forth. MRI technology has received a lot of interest from technology developers and manufacturers that have helped further growth of the industry in terms of supply and competition, leading to improved technologies and market penetration.
This report aims to present MRI market characteristics across different segments and to examine the market dynamics that are driving and constraining market growth.
The report provides a comprehensive view of current and emerging technologies, the competitive landscape, and market revenues by segment across different regions: the U.S., Europe, Asia, and ROW.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The report includes only those devices and products that are listed above. It segments the global market and the products market only by four regions as listed above.
The scope of the report includes and covers the following:
- Key market segment analysis.
- Market dynamics (drivers and restraints).
- Market estimation for the forecast period of 2016 through 2021.
- Competitive developments and landscape.
- Regional analysis.
- Profiles of key market players.
The key audience for this study includes:
- MRI systems developers and manufacturers.
- Academic and commercial research organizations.
- Consulting firms.
- Database owners for medical devices market information.
The study will enable the audience to understand and gain insights into the current and changing market scenario. The data provided can help users understand which market segments are expected to grow at higher rates, the factors driving and limiting growth, and so on.
INFORMATION SOURCES AND METHODOLOGY
Owing to the chain of markets involved in the report, the markets were assessed in a top-down method. The content provided in the report, including market numbers and forecasts, was prepared based on both primary and secondary research methodologies. Market dynamics, qualitative information, and views of industry participants were also taken into consideration while forecasting and measuring the market values.
The same approach, including primary and secondary methodology, was adopted for deriving the historic and base numbers. Macro markets were further divided into micro markets in accordance with views of different industry participants, and the average of the range of the estimates gathered from primary research was taken and later validated by secondary and primary sources.
The primary research included interviews and discussions with key industry participants, key opinion leaders, and some subject-matter experts, including healthcare professionals and technicians (e.g., nurses, doctors, lab technicians). Secondary data was collected from free sources such as Google search, company websites, industry reports, and paid sources such as Key Note, Factiva, and LexisNexis, among others.
The information provided in company profiles is gathered primarily from respective company websites; and thus the information included is the latest information available on the website. The focus of the report has been kept to the devices/equipment market. The product categories named in this market study are subject to the definitions of each market segment.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p0298005-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medical-magnetic-resonance-imaging-mri-technologies-and-global-markets-300344754.html