Medicalbillersandcoders.com the Answer to Varied Optometry Medical Billing Concerns Faced by Optometrists across US!
WILMINGTON, Delaware, October 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Increasing number of optometry providers across US are finding an answer to their medical billing concerns by partnering with Medicalbillersandcoders.com. Numerous years of experience in optometry medical billing has provided MBC billers specialized knowledge and insight of the specialty.
Avoiding optometry medical billing errors… Medicalbillersandcoders.com experts believe that an optometry practice can increase their collections by averting billing errors and by keeping in mind the following-
- Ensure that the diagnosis code matches the procedure codes -for instance a code for myopia doesn't match a visual filed procedure code. In the same manner a pterygium code cannot be used for a scanning laser test, but is payable for an anterior segment photograph
- Be as specific and consistent as possible - this is possible by acquiring a complete understanding of codes and modifiers. For instance most specific ICD-9 have four or five digits, and coding a diagnosis with five digits when it requires four, leads to claim denial. Coders need to get information from reliable sources and also cross reference alternative sources such as American Optometric Association codebook and Codelink Ophthalmology. Moreover coders also now need to get updated on the soon to be implemented ICD-10 codes
- Observe the billing pattern - Determine what other practices are charging and find out where your practice's billing pattern stands. This is because payers flag under-billing as well as over-billing and practices need to assess if their fees are very high, low or in line with other practices. But this may be a difficult task as once optometrists have started their practice most are careful about sharing their financial information with other optometrists
- Be attentive of any procedures performed very frequently - This is because procedures performed more often than similar providers in the area are subject to scrutiny and payers refer to this behavior as higher utilization pattern. Optometrists need to be aware of certain procedures which have one fee that covers all care within a certain time frame such as epilation, punctal plug insertion and cataract surgeries, which have global periods attached to them. Billing repeat visits during these timeframes may result in rejections
- Extended ophthalmoscopy- is for serious retinal disorders such as retinal detachment, requiring detailed color drawings with interpretation. This is because reimbursement for extended ophthalmoscopy has declined sharply as it is the most abused and audited procedure code and various providers prefer to take a photograph for documentation
Medicalbillersandcoders.com helps resolve optometry medical billing concerns …
Tackling various optometry medical billing intricacies, has given Medicalbillersandcoders.com an opportunity to acquire expertise in the specialty. Medicalbillersandcoders.com team in addition to helping doctors avoid billing errors also offers -
Complete documentation and accurate coding - Medicalbillersandcoders.com experts are up-dated with new and revised CPT codes, modifier codes and E & M codes for Optometry medical billing. Along with this they provide analysis to help interpret procedures such as visual fields, photos and scanning laser reports. They are also aware of codes which Medicare and Medicaid have identified for special scrutiny and in addition as much as possible prevent over coding by procuring adequate documentation of the patient's history in advance.
Monitor and analyze billing activity - Medicalbillersandcoders.com experts with industry know-how can identify if the doctors are charging very high or low, providing regular reports to Optometrists. The experts also point out areas where procedures may be performed more frequently, or procedures which have resulted in increased denials in the past. Regular reporting and analysis of the billing activity helps the Medicalbillersandcoders.com team procure maximum reimbursements in a timely manner.
The Optometry medical billing team at Medicalbillersandcoders.com also provides individualized consultation services upon request, providing recommendation to practices. On identifying the billing area's which require streamlining; Medicalbillersandcoders.com equipped with 14 years of industry expertise provides a complete solution to your Optometry medical billing needs.
Medicalbillersandcoders.com is the largest 'Consortium of Medical Billers and Coders,' across the US. The portal brings together hundreds of billers, with experience in different specialties, on the same platform to service physicians in their local areas. This network of coders and billers is growing rapidly and is currently servicing over 50 specialty physicians, across the US (New York Medical Billing, New Jersey Medical Billing, Ohio Medical Billing, Georgia Medical Billing, Maryland Medical Billing http://www.medicalbillersandcoders.com/city/tampa-florida-medical-billing-specialist.html) with the most prominent being Cardiology Medical Billing, Dental Medical Billing, Gastroenterology Medical Billing, Internal Medicine Medical Billing, Orthopedic Medical Billing and other 43 Specialties.
Prerna Gupta, Media Relations
108 West, 13th street,
Wilmington, DE 19801
Medical Billing Blog