MEDTEC China 2013: Shaping Up to be The Most Successful Event Ever
- Record number of preregistered visitors bodes well for a lively event; over 30 new exhibitors add variety to the show floor -
SHANGHAI, Sept. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The MEDTEC China 2013 exhibition returns to the Shanghai World Expo Exhibition & Convention Center come September 25-26. Hall 2 of the site that hosted the 2010 Shanghai World Expo will once again welcome some of the world's leading companies in the medical device manufacturing field.
Besides long-term supporters of the MEDTEC China exhibition, the organizers are pleased to report that 30 of the 230-plus exhibitors present at this year's event representing more than 400 brands will be doing so for the very first time. These include such famous industry identities as Phillips Medisize, Bayer MaterialScience, Cincinnati Test Systems, Alhenia, Austar Clean Room System Equipment, Vesta, Walbro Flow Control Products, and SynexMed. This year Phillips Medisize will mark its debut at the MEDTEC China event as a Special Show Sponsor. The company will also hold its press conference on the first morning of the show, where it will introduce its strategic entry into Chinese market. This indicates that China has become the most important emerging medical technology market.
Another positive sign for MEDTEC China 2013 is the absolute number of visitors that have pre-registered for the event thanks to an extensive and intensive marketing effort executed by the organizers. And this is augmented further by their quality: many leading manufacturers will be strolling the show floors come September 25-26. These include representatives of Mindray, GE Healthcare, Medtronic, Johnson & Johnson, Philips, Covidien, Gambro, Smith & Nephew, Shandong Weigao, Jiangsu Yuyue, Lepu Medical, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), and SMIC to name yet a few. Pre-registered attendees from famous Chinese universities such as Peking University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, and Harbin Engineering University are also expected, as well as attendees from hospitals. With such a diverse representation of industry players, the organizers aim to augment MEDTEC China 2013's status as a communication platform encompassing suppliers, manufacturers, R&D institutes and end users.
Show floor highlights
Visitors to MEDTEC China 2013 can avail of numerous other co-located events on the show floor itself, thereby further enhancing their attendance.
- Singapore Pavilion: Returning to MEDTEC China this year and organized by the Singapore Precision Engineering and Tooling Association (SPETA), the pavilion will feature leading companies such as DNIV International, PSB Technologies, Univac Precision Engineering, Yangbum Engineering, and Autec Solutions.
- Awards display: This is the first time that MEDTEC China will welcome the Medical Device Excellence Awards (MDEA) showcase. Recognizing innovation in medical manufacturing and design for 15 years at other MEDTEC events held throughout the world, visitors to MEDTEC China 2013 will be able to view products and solutions from the latest awardees. Among the more than 25 MDEA winners with products on display include Vitaltec Corp. with its Rota-Trach disposable standard tracheostomy tube, a touchscreen insulin pump from Tandem Diabetes Care and a cordless ultrasonic dissection device from Covidien.
- 3D printing zone: This year, MEDTEC China has established a 3D-printing technology zone, inviting famous 3D-printing industry companies to introduce their innovative technologies and products. Materialise will be one of the companies present.
- New Technology Sessions: As with previous MEDTEC China events, the 2013 edition will once again add value to the exhibition itself through a program that enables exhibitors to present their latest products and solutions. This time round, 12 MEDTEC China 2013 exhibitors are taking up the opportunity to showcase their offerings over the two-day duration of the show. They include Euroflex, Styrolution Polymers, Eastman Chemical, Freescale Semiconductor, Dassault Systemes Simulia, and Purac.
MEDTEC would not be MEDTEC without its traditional co-located conference and this year, the MDiT Forum and Regulation Summit 2013 will take place over three days, commencing the day before the show proper, and feature two parallel sessions. The program has now need finalized with the addition of a sponsor presentation from Dr. Jose Fernandez Villasenor, Medical Segment Manager and engineering expert at Freescale Semiconductor, and paper entitled "Comparing with regulations in China and overseas: developments and updates in future" by the Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS).
For more information about the MEDTEC China exhibition and conference, please visit www.medtecchina.com.
About the Organisers
A World Leader in Medical Device Communications
UBM Canon, the leading B-to-B media company dedicated exclusively to the global $3 trillion advanced manufacturing sector and part of the UBM Group, helps support the flow of information, commerce and innovation in sophisticated segments such as medical devices and pharmaceutical development. UBM Canon also addresses cutting-edge developments in broader areas of advanced engineering design and manufacturing including manufacturing processes and packaging.
UBM Canon's portfolio of events for the healthcare manufacturing sectors includes MD&M, MEDTEC, BIOMEDevice, and Pharmapack. UBM Canon also publishes a multitude of industry magazines, including Medical Device and Diagnostic Industry, Medical Product Manufacturing News, European Medical Device Technology, China Medical Device Manufacturer and Japan Medical Design & Manufacturing Technology. With this unique media portfolio, UBM Canon is able to connect over 3,500 medical device industry suppliers with more than 100,000 design and manufacturing professionals every year.
Tel: 86 10 5765 2823
SOURCE MEDTEC China
More by this Source
MEDTEC China 2013: Close to 8,000 Industry Professionals Make Show an Outstanding Success
Oct 25, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.