TEL AVIV, Israel, Aug. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- MedyMatch announced today that globally recognized and respected physicians have joined the Company's scientific and medical advisory board, whose member's now include
- Dr. Michael Lev, Director of Emergency Radiology and Emergency Neuroradiology at Massachusetts General Hospital and Professor of Radiology at the Harvard Medical School;
- Dr. David Haynor, M.D., Ph.D., Neuro-radiologist and Assistant Professor of Radiology and Neurological Surgery at University of Washington Hospitals;
- Dr. Jalal Andre, M.D., D.A.B.R., Director of Neurological MRI and MRI safety officer at Harborview Medical Center and a University of Washington, Assistant Professor of Radiology;
- Dr. Paul Singh, Assistant Professor of NeuroEndovascular Surgery & Vascular Neurology, Rutgers Neurological Institute of Rutgers New Jersey Medical School;
- Dr. Dr. Ajay Choudhri, Director of Vascular and Interventional Radiology and Assistant Director, Radiology at Capital Health Medical Center;
- Dr. Yaakov Applebaum, Chairman and Medical Director, Department of Radiology at Capital Health Medical Center;
- Professor Moshe Gomori, M.D., Department Head of MRI and Neuroradiology Unit at Hadassah Medical Center;
- Professor Jacob Sosna, M.D., Chairman Division of Radiology & Medical Imaging and Director of the Department of Radiology & Medical Imaging at Hadassah Medical Center;
- Dr. Gabriel Polliack, M.D., Chairman of the Israel National Imaging Council Committee - for Sharing of Diagnostic Images and Director of Strategic Planning, TEREM Emergency Medical Centers Israel.
"The implementation of AI-based computer aided detection and clinical decision support tools to medicine in general, and to the Emergency Department in particular, has the potential to increase the speed, accuracy, and efficiency of patient management - ultimately reducing diagnostic errors and improving clinical outcomes" said Dr. Michael Lev, Director of Emergency Radiology at Massachusetts General Hospital and Professor of Radiology at Harvard Medical School. "MedyMatch is ideally positioned to leverage this technology, and their willingness to collaborate with industry partners reflects their awareness of, and sensitivity to, the complexities of patient assessment in the acute care setting. The Company's first application - CT detection of intracranial bleeds - represents the confluence of physician knowhow and artificial intelligence clinical support."
"The creation of the scientific and medical advisory board is an important strategic step for MedyMatch and for improving patient outcomes", said Gene Saragnese, Chairman and CEO of MedyMatch. "Each health professional on the medical advisory board is a highly experienced, respected expert in their chosen specialty. Their individual and collective contributions will play an important role in providing strategic guidance and advice to MedyMatch."
MedyMatch's goal is to harness clinical understanding in conjunction with machine vision and deep learning to provide real time artificial intelligence based clinical decision support to physicians in the emergency room. Deep Vision based image interpretation is at the heart of our expertise; structuring unstructured data in healthcare to discover the undiscovered. Structured problem solving and collaboration are key to realizing the full potential of Deep Vision. Core to MedyMatch's development strategy is working with clinical partners, who can provide both deep clinical insights and de-identified patient data (genomic, EMR, and corresponding medical imaging studies).
About MedyMatch Technology, Ltd.
MedyMatch utilizes advanced cognitive analytics and artificial intelligence to deliver real-time decision support tools to improve clinical outcomes in acute medical scenarios. The foundation of clinical discovery and value creation lies in the deep clinical understanding of how to diagnose disease, utilizing the right data (electronic medical record, medical imaging, and genomic data). The MedyMatch team of artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning and algorithmic experts along with its medical and science advisory boards are achieving breakthroughs in standards of cost and care. To learn more, please visit www.medymatch.ai
Contact: Michael Rosenberg, email@example.com
Website - http://www.medymatch.ai
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medymatch-announces-leading-physicians-join-the-medymatch-scientific-and-medical-advisory-board-300319877.html