Meet the Foremost Thought Leaders in the Telecom Industry at Light Reading's The Big Telecom Event Be there to see the cutting-edge technologies and applications, hear the latest industry trends, and speak with industry leaders
NEW YORK, June 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Light Reading (www.lightreading.com), the market-leading online community for the global communications sector, will bring the thought leaders in the telecom industry together at the Big Telecom Event (BTE) (www.bigtelecomevent.com/chicago/), the first industry event to bridge the gap in the telecom industry between technology know-how and business acumen. BTE brings real-world, cutting-edge technology demonstrations and business insights to communications service provider executives June 17-18 at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers.
Click here to register to attend.
What's in store for attendees at BTE?
- The latest insights into software-defined networking (SDN) from Deutsche Telekom expert Axel Clauberg on Tuesday, June 17, at 9:20 a.m.
- Wisdom on the cloud computing model from tw telecom's Mike Rouleau on Tuesday, June 17, at 9:40 a.m.
- An update on the adoption of SDN in the telecom sector from Open Networking Foundation (ONF) Executive Director Dan Pitt on Tuesday, June 17, at 11:00 a.m.
- An update on data network evolution from Google network architecture expert Bikash Koley on Tuesday, June 17, at 11:20 a.m.
- Basil Alwan, President of IP Routing and Transport at Alcatel-Lucent, will examine the intersection of communications networking and the cloud, and the evolution of new service provider business models, on Tuesday, June 17, at 11:40 a.m.
- An update on the latest network functions virtualization (NFV) developments from Telefonica I+D's Diego Lopez on Wednesday, June 18, at 10:20 a.m.
- Key intelligence for enterprises leveraging the benefits of the cloud from John Considine, CTO of Verizon Terremark, on Wednesday, June 18, at 10:40 a.m.
Industry Specialist Speakers
BTE panelists are industry leaders who will offer unrivaled insights into the latest industry trends. Click here to take a look at the full list of experts.
Get Down and Dirty With the Latest Technologies & Applications
- Tuesday, June 17: noon-6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 18: 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Will You See the Leading Light?
The Leading Lights award ceremony brings together the communications industry's elite VIP guests to celebrate the top telecom companies and executives for their outstanding achievements in services, applications, and equipment.
- Tuesday, June 17, 7:00 p.m. at the Adler Planetarium
About Light Reading
Light Reading (www.lightreading.com) combines its research-led online communities and targeted events portfolio to help those in the global communications industry make informed decisions. Lightreading.com is the ultimate source for telecom analysis for more than 350,000 subscribers each month, leading the media sector in terms of traffic, content, and reputation. Light Reading produces targeted communications events and focused one-day conferences each year for cable, mobile, and wireline executives across five continents.
Beyond Words Communications Inc.
SOURCE Light Reading