The MCDP2900 implements several inventive features defined in the latest DisplayPort1.4 specification including the translation of HDR metadata, parsing of VSC SDP to determine BT2020 colorimetry format and conversion of AVI InfoFrame to HDMI, thus staying compatible with current and forthcoming graphics adaptors.
In addition, MCDP2900 supports RGB to YCC color space conversion, Bit-depth expansion, Chroma downscaling and horizontal blanking expansion for accurate color and timing conversion between mobile PCs and installed TVs.
"The new converter adds to MegaChips' strong mix of DisplayPort products and enables us to offer even more advanced and versatile solutions to our customers," said Amir Sheikholeslami, VP, Business Development at MegaChips Technology America Corporation. "The SoC was based on specific requirements from long standing customers who are known for their innovation and highest quality consumer solutions. We are eagerly anticipating the production launch of some of their products powered by the MCDP2900 later this quarter."
- Advanced multimedia converter featuring latest DisplayPort and HDMI technologies for rendering 4K60Hz audio-video with enhanced device security and content protection
- Ultimate visual experience through HDR imaging and designated BT2020 colorimetry support for deep color media content playback
- Maximum bandwidth and flexibility to empower 4K2K60Hz USB Type-C to HDMI2.0b accessory (dongles, docking station) designs
- End-to-end HDCP2.2 security and true repeater function with embedded keys provide the highest security for protected content (Type 1/Type 0) transmission
- Secure boot, secure firmware update based on RSA 2048-bit signature generation and verification for uncompromised device security
- Programmable 5-tap H-V filter based Chroma down scaler with color bit depth expansion
- CEC tunneling over DisplayPort for single point remote control access to all connected CE devices
- Available in 64 LFBGA, 7x7mm package
About MegaChips Technology America Corporation ("MegaChips America")
MegaChips America is a wholly owned subsidiary of MegaChips Corporation headquartered in Osaka, Japan. As one of the premier semiconductor companies, MegaChips provides Integrated Circuits (ICs) and System on Chips (SoCs) that are essential for the advancement of Application Specific Standard Products (ASSPs). Leveraging decades of technology excellence, partnerships and acquisitions, MegaChips is exploring and shaping the next wave of the digital revolution, adding significant value for businesses and consumers in the global market with innovations in the areas of Internet of Things, displays, mobility, and wearable devices. The company uses its advanced technological capabilities and know-how to help people achieve healthier, safer and more fulfilling lives. For more information, contact the company at 408-570-0555, or visit http://www.megachips.com or the MegaChips DisplayPort product page. For more information about the parent company, MegaChips Corporation, please visit: http://www.megachips.co.jp.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/megachips-delivers-the-ultimate-multimedia-converter-ic-300308924.html
SOURCE MegaChips Corporation