"It is with great honor that Mending Faces is once again able to bring world-class medical care to an underprivileged area of the world," said Dr. Mimi Wong, Mending Faces Founding Member and Board Chair. "After another successful mission this year, we've gained a lot of momentum – not only uncovering new and exciting ways to lend support, but also procuring new partnerships along the way."
Mending Faces has gained plenty of momentum recently, and especially after another successful medical mission in the Philippines. These highlights include:
- In the span of only six days, Mending Faces' surgeons performed a total of 74 surgeries; 37 cleft lip surgeries and 37 cleft palate repairs.
- Last year, Mending Faces launched its new Education Fund(http://www.mendingfaces.org/education-fund/) and awarded its first five scholarships in 2016 that will provide these children everything they need to attend school for years to come.
- With the help of our donor program, Mending Faces was able to raise more than $10,000 to provide the improvement needs for a fully functional Post-anesthesia care unit at Dr. Rafael S. Tumbokon Memorial Hospital in Kalibo, Philippines. This included new beds, ventilators, emergency supplies and monitoring equipment.
- Mending Faces was recently awarded a $4,000 grant in partnership with The April Fund (http://www.aprilfund.org/The_April_Fund/Home.html).
- DaVita Kidney Care, a division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., provides a variety of health care services to patient populations throughout the United States and abroad. This year, DaVita provided Mending Faces with a $25,000 grant to support its 2016 medical mission. Mending Faces will be honoring DaVita with the "Mending Lives Award" at the event for their continued partnership. (https://www.davita.com)
- SCL Health continues to partner with Mending Faces, providing grant money as well as funding the travel of SCL nurses to attend our missions each year. (http://www.sclhealthsystem.org)
- Mending Faces partnered with Rose Community Foundation. They awarded Mending Faces with a matching grant for our Endowment Fund, as well as provided our team with educational classes through its Cohort Program. (www.rcfdenver.org/)
Mending Faces' next Medical Mission is set for January 29 - February 3, 2017 in Lucena, Philippines. If you are interested in applying for the mission, please visit: (http://www.mendingfaces.org/medical-mission/).
Ways to Give Back
- The Mending Faces Education Fund provides impoverished patients with much-needed access to school through scholarships. Learn more about Mending Faces' Education Fund: (http://www.mendingfaces.org/education-fund/).
- Lend support that will last a lifetime through Mending Faces' partnership with The Rose Foundation. Learn more about Mending Faces' Endowment Fund: (http://www.mendingfaces.org/donate-today/).
- Join Mending Faces at its annual Restoring Hope event on September 23, 2016. Tickets are $50 and corporate sponsorships are available; all proceeds directly benefit the patients of the upcoming 2017 medical mission. Learn more at: (http://www.mendingfaces.org/events/).
- Endowment Fund through Rose Community Foundation: Add Mending Faces in your will. Create your legacy to ensure that Mending Faces can continue to provide smiles for children for years to come: (http://www.mendingfaces.org/donate-today/).
Mending Faces is an incorporated and registered charity with the Colorado Secretary of State and with the IRS as a 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization.
About Mending Faces
Mending Faces was founded in Denver, CO. in 2010 by a passionate, highly experienced group of medical professionals and others to make a life-changing difference for children born with facial deformities in the Philippines. The organization conducts an annual medical mission to the Philippines to provide surgical care to impoverished children born with cleft lip and cleft palate. The care is provided at no cost to the children or their families. Healthcare professionals and outreach personnel donate their time and expertise, and volunteers fund 100 percent of their own travel and lodging expenses. The surgery allows these children to lead productive lives in their community and culture. For more information visit: (www.mendingfaces.org).
Contact: Maya Brook: firstname.lastname@example.org / 720-237-9535
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160718/390455LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mending-faces-announces-2017-medical-mission-restoring-hope-fundraiser-event-300299911.html
SOURCE Mending Faces