NEW YORK, Oct. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The ment'or BKB Foundation congratulates the recipients of the 2016-17 Program for Continuing Education. Ment'or's unique program awards one to two month grants that cover housing, transportation, salary and basic living expenses.
The 2016-17 Recipients are:
- Alex Brown, (Omni Bedford Springs Resort and Spa, Bedford, PA)
- Alexandra Inkley (Restaurant DANIEL, New York, NY)
- Amanda Turner (Juniper, Austin, TX)
- Bradley Nicholson (Barley Swine, Austin, TX)
- Cesar Gutierrez (Café Boulud, New York, NY)
- Christopher Ferrell (Bartlett Pear Inn, Easton, MD)
- Christopher Audia (No. 9 Park, Boston, MA)
- Dan Filice (La Folie, San Francisco, CA)
- Elaine Smyth (Per Se, New York, NY)
- Ethan Bensal (Untitled, New York, NY)
- Graysen Altenberg (Lincoln Ristorante, New York, NY)
- Hoon Rhee (The Modern, New York, NY)
- Kaylin Lloyd (Betony, New York, NY)
- Michael Pini (The NoMad, New York, NY)
- Ryan Walker (Eleven Madison Park, New York, NY)
- Susana Querejazu (Odd Duck and Barley Swine, Austin,TX)
- Eric Marting (Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa, Austin, TX)
- Rory Weber (Per Se, New York, NY)
Ment'or Chairman, Chef Daniel Boulud states, "The kitchen is an everyday learning environment and many young chefs are curious and eager to improve their culinary skills and knowledge. Our Grant Program is a unique opportunity for young cooks to see and grow through new experiences and work in different kitchen cultures. I am pleased that Ment'or continues to play a critical role in supporting young chefs today and providing them with the tools and education they need to be successful."
Recipients hope to be placed at restaurants such as Eleven Madison Park in New York City, Grace in Chicago, State Bird Provisions in San Francisco, and Maaemo in Oslo, Norway. Their experiences in other kitchens help to elevate and even change their career trajectory. Through ment'or fundraising efforts, almost $1 Million have been raised and awarded to young chefs so they may continue to have opportunities like this.
More stories on ment'or grantees can be found at www.mentorbkb.org/stage-stories/. Additional details about the ment'or Program for Continuing Education can be found on the ment'or website and on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
The ment'or BKB Foundation is a nonprofit that aims to inspire excellence in young culinary professionals and preserve the traditions and quality of cuisine in America. Ment'or is led by Founders Chefs Daniel Boulud, Thomas Keller and Jérôme Bocuse, as well as an esteemed Culinary Council of over forty renowned chefs. Educational grants and internships are offered to culinary professionals through the Continuing Education Program. The Young Chef and Commis Competition series offer yet another opportunity for them to further their careers. Ment'or is also responsible for recruiting, training, and financially supporting the promising young American talents who represent Team USA in the prestigious biennial Bocuse d'Or competition, held in Lyon, France.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mentor-announces-their-2016-17-grant-program-recipients-300346167.html
SOURCE ment’or BKB