Meraki Expands MX Cloud Managed Router Family with MX60, Launches New Cloud Security Tools, 99.99% SLA, 3rd Party Audits
SAN FRANCISCO, July 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Meraki, the Leader in Cloud Networking, today announced the MX60 Cloud Managed Router, a complete networking and security solution for distributed enterprises. Additionally, Meraki released a suite of cloud security tools, a 99.99 percent uptime SLA, and third party audits of its cloud networking service. Designed for security-conscious distributed environments including retail, healthcare, financial services, and government, these products and services provide far superior reliability and security than can be achieved with legacy, on-premise solutions.
Meraki MX60: Cloud Managed Networking and Security for Distributed Enterprises
The MX60 is the newest addition to Meraki's MX series cloud managed routers. Built on Meraki's leading Cloud Networking platform, the MX60 is the industry's only small branch router and firewall with out-of-the-box centralized management. With fully integrated networking and firewall services, the MX60 provides 50 percent savings over traditional branch solutions.
Key features include:
- Cloud-based centralized management, monitoring, and tools
- Complete firewall services, content filtering, antivirus/antiphishing
- Layer 7 Application Traffic Shaping and user fingerprints
- Self-configuring site-to-site VPN
The MX60's form factor is ideal for small branches that need security, such as retail chains, clinics, and financial services. With an attractive, low profile industrial design, the MX60 can be deployed in high-traffic areas.
With the MX60, organizations can:
- Centrally manage distributed branches
- Improve network performance with Layer 7 Application Traffic Shaping (e.g. block BitTorrent, prioritize VoIP)
- Control content, users, and applications--not just hosts and ports
- Replace MPLS with cost effective, self-configuring site-to-site VPN
- Save over 50 percent by eliminating point solutions (firewall, traffic shaper, content filter)
Southern Star, a distributed enterprise that services Dish Networks satellite systems, is deploying the MX across its remote locations. "The MX router provides all of the content filtering, site-to-site VPN, and firewall/routing functionality that we could possibly need for an extremely good value," said Nathan Sterling, Network Administrator at Southern Star. "We looked at many different products and when we found the Meraki MX, we felt that it was made for us."
Cloud Networking Security Tools, SLA, and Third Party Audits
Meraki pioneered the Cloud Networking architecture. In the cloud since day one, Meraki is the leader in Cloud Networking, with over 18,000 customer networks worldwide. Today, Meraki introduces new cloud networking tools, services, and policies that provide even greater dependability for the most security-conscious customers:
- Two factor authentication protects accounts even if a customer's login is compromised
- Change management tools enable audits, alerts, delegation and control of privileges with fine-grained role based administration
- 99.99 percent SLA guarantees availability of Meraki's cloud service, with customers' data replicated in real time across three independent datacenters
- Independent security audits validate infrastructure security, with daily penetration tests and certifications from trusted third parties including McAfee.
These new tools and services, along with other security and reliability information, are detailed online at meraki.com/trust, a new centralized repository for security, reliability, and privacy information about Meraki's cloud service.
Design Within Reach, a leading furniture retailer, is deploying Meraki's Cloud Networking solution across its 50 retail stores, warehouses, and headquarters. "Design Within Reach is developing applications, like our DWR Room Planner, that are ideal for shoppers to use from iPads and smart phones inside our stores," said Roger Mueller, Director of I.T. at Design Within Reach. "While DWR extends connectivity to our customers, we must maintain strict PCI compliance. Meraki's new security products give us powerful new tools to provide the security, capacity, and management that we need in a premium retail environment."
Meraki is the leader in Cloud Networking. 100% cloud-based from day one, Meraki's architecture delivers out-of-the-box security, scalability, and management to enterprise networks. Meraki has been deployed in over 18,000 customer networks worldwide, including Stanford University, British Telecom, Burger King, Starbucks, and M.I.T. Meraki was named a visionary in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Wireless LAN, and won Techworld's Wireless and Mobility Product of the Year. Meraki is located in San Francisco, California and is funded in part by Sequoia Capital and Google. For more information, visit http://meraki.com/