SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Meraki, the leader in cloud-managed networking, has announced a new version of Systems Manager, its enterprise mobile device management solution for diverse network environments. The latest version of Systems Manager introduces support for Android devices along with a number of powerful new features that enhance Meraki's already-robust device management for the enterprise.
Systems Manager provides centralized over-the-air administration of mobile devices using the same cloud-based dashboard as Meraki's enterprise networking solutions. Since its launch in 2010, Systems Manager has been deployed on over 200,000 customer devices running Windows, Mac OS, and iOS, providing a robust set of tools that forms the backbone of device management for companies as diverse as Mimeo and Jefferson County (CO) Schools.
"The introduction of the Android client allows to me to truly manage my multi-platform environment from one pane of glass with no gaps," says Shawn Winters, IT Director at Mimeo, the innovator of online, on-demand document printing and distribution.
"Since its release, our enterprise customers have found Systems Manager to be an indispensable tool for managing multiple platforms as multiple mobile device platforms has become the norm," Meraki's Chief Evangelist, AJ Goldman, said. "Meraki's integrated solution of wired, wireless, and MDM is unique among vendors and gives administrators unprecedented control no matter how complex their deployment is."Powerful New Features
The latest version of Systems Manager includes many new features developed in response to changing needs of enterprises confronting the proliferation of mobile devices and BYOD.
- Android support — Meraki Systems Manager is now available for Android smartphones and tablets running version 2.2 (Froyo) and above. Like the iOS client, Systems Manager for Android gives administrators fine-grained control over mobile devices, including pushing apps, disabling undesired features, and locking or wiping devices remotely.
- Backpack — Backpack is a new feature that simplifies the distribution of content to enrolled devices. Allowing administrators to easily push files wirelessly to client devices, Backpack is completely integrated with Meraki's dashboard, creating a single point for managing content no matter how many devices are enrolled. Backpack can automatically keep files up to date with changes that occur on the server. (iOS support is coming in Q4)
- Systems Manager app — The Systems Manager app is available for download in the iTunes App Store and the Google Play Store, making it easy for users to download and self-enroll. (iOS app is coming in Q4)
- Meraki Network Access Control (NAC) Integration — Enterprises running Meraki wireless networks can restrict access exclusively to devices enrolled in Systems Manager, preventing unmanaged and potentially insecure clients from accessing sensitive network resources. (Q4 availability)
- In addition, the latest version of Systems Manager includes a slew of features designed to make administration of hundreds of devices easier, including WiFi provisioning and improved location accuracy.
The new version of Meraki's Systems Manager is free for all users. More information and installation instructions can be found at http://www.meraki.com/sm.
Meraki is the leader in cloud networking with thousands of customers in over 100 countries worldwide. Meraki's cloud networking solutions combine rich enterprise features with intuitive web-based management that eliminates specialized training and certifications. Meraki is located in San Francisco, California and is funded in part by Sequoia Capital and Google. For more information on Meraki, visit http://meraki.com.