MONTVALE, N.J., May 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mercedes-Benz USA debuts the all-new 2014 E-Class Wagon alongside one of its predecessors, a pristine 1957 300c at the 18th Annual Greenwich Concours d'Elegance from June 1-2, 2013. The event features rare vehicles from past and present and benefits Americares, the private, non-profit relief and humanitarian aid organization.
With the background of the breathtaking Greenwich seaside, Mercedes-Benz highlights one of the Northeast region's most beloved vehicles, the station wagon. Making up almost 50 percent of all Mercedes-Benz wagon sales, the Northeast is the epitome of wagon country and the perfect backdrop to pay tribute to a timeless icon.
The wagon has a long-standing history as a classic family vehicle, and just in time for summer the new wagon hits dealerships featuring an array of new driver assistance systems. The 2014 E-Class model line features eleven new or optimized "intelligent drive" systems adapted from the future S-Class set to debut later this year. These groundbreaking systems include technologies that can help prevent accidents with pedestrians or vehicles crossing in front, Active Lane Keeping Assist for avoiding collisions with oncoming traffic and anti-glare continuous high-beam headlamps. All this and more ensures that Mercedes-Benz maintains its pioneering role in vehicle safety.
Powered by a V6 engine that combines excellent response characteristics and outstanding power delivery with exceptional efficiency, the new E-Class has a peak output of 302 horsepower and 273 lb.-ft. of torque. The vehicle also comes with distinctive updates in its styling for an elegant and sporty look, as well as significantly enhanced comfort features and upscale equipment, rounded-off by an exceptional level of efficiency and everyday driving pleasure. All of this comes together to ensure that the E-Class continues its leading position in the luxury segment.
The 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon will share the spotlight with one of the original Mercedes-Benz wagons, a 1957 300c with local roots:
- Originally owned by a wealthy women named Mrs. Foulke, who wanted a vehicle large enough to transport her luggage from NYC to Palm Beach
- Binz GmbH & Co. built the station wagon for her specifically
- Chrome window surrounds accenting slender pillars below a simple roofline that extends back to rear hatch
- Rear lights from popular 190sl
- Custom designed interior- rear seats that fold forwards level with the flat rear load roof and additional storage space beneath floor access from tailgate
- Red interior with carpeting/leather upholstery and polished wood
The 2014 E-Class Sedan will also be on display in additional to the following new models from Mercedes-Benz:
- SLS AMG GT Coupe – The epitome of power and performance, the hand-built AMG engine in the 2013 SLS AMG GT ($199,500 MSRP) features 583 hp and 479 lb.-ft. of torque, up 20 horsepower over last year's version. The GT model also comes with darkened headlights and taillights, red brake calipers, a unique 10-spoke wheel with matte black inlay and a high-gloss black finish on the front grille and outside mirrors as well as the fins on the hood and fenders. The Mercedes-Benz display features a photo activation where consumers can capture a photo of themselves with the SLS AMG GT Coupe to share socially.
- SL550 – For top down driving pleasure, the 6th generation of the iconic Mercedes-Benz SL Roadster ($105,500 MSRP) stays true to its namesake with an all-new aluminum bodyshell, weighing nearly 300 pounds less than its predecessor. The SL550 is powered by a new V8 engine that gets better fuel economy while producing more power -- 429 horsepower and 516 lb.-ft. of torque.
- GL550 - For the whole family, the all-new second-generation seven passenger GL-550 ($86,900 MSRP), is the leading luxury full-size SUV, and winner of the 2013 Motor Trend Sport/Utility of the Year award. Cradling its occupants with the first-class comfort of a luxurious sedan, the all-new GL is perfect for large families with ample space for up to seven passengers, while a host of efficiency measures delivers a substantial improvement in fuel economy.
For more information regarding the Greenwich Concourse d' Elegance, visit: http://www.greenwichconcours.com/.
About Mercedes-Benz USA
Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA), headquartered in Montvale, New Jersey, is responsible for the distribution, marketing and customer service for all Mercedes-Benz products in the United States. MBUSA offers drivers the most diverse line-up in the luxury segment with 12 model lines ranging from the sporty C-Class to the flagship S-Class sedans and the SLS AMG GT.
MBUSA is also responsible for the distribution, marketing and customer service of Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Vans, and smart products in the U.S. More information on MBUSA and its products can be found at www.mbusa.com, www.mbsprinterusa.com and www.smartusa.com.
SOURCE Mercedes-Benz USA